COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?
Employing more people? Nope.
Perhaps they need money to buy a new fridge or -80⁰C freezer?
I await their explanation.
Perhaps it will cost money to remove the razor wire to let the public in?
I know for the flu jabs, the surgery here had to bring in locums to administer them, so I suspect the same for covid

Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?

Our local GP had to bring in extra staff over the weekend to administer the flu jab. Probably going to do the same for Covid.

in terms of vaccination, can't we just do a similar thing as for election day? even use the polling stations? one big day, 6am to 11pm, nearly all staff on duty, few nurses to administer and volunteers to help. or is this just far to fanciful? should get through 50% of the population

Had a real issue since last Wednesday so phoned the doctor yesterday.
After a 25 minute wait booked a telephone appointment. Didn’t recognise the doctor’s name but it was good that he phoned within the hour.

Anyhow, he listened to the symptoms and looked at my previous issues with similar symptoms. It ended up with him asking me “What do you think it is?
WTF!

Had sumat similar recently where the conclusion was basically 'what do you want me to do?'. Not in a dismissive way. Just a genuine question. I had to say well id like to find out what's wrong. Can I have a scan or something? Was baffled though

Seems a little odd, as you havent been able to get into our surgery for months. you would think they would have some spare staff. or at least had the time to train some up administer an injection.

in terms of vaccination, can't we just do a similar thing as for election day? even use the polling stations? one big day, 6am to 11pm, nearly all staff on duty, few nurses to administer and volunteers to help. or is this just far to fanciful? should get through 50% of the population
The vaccine trial I am on are using Manchester Rugby club. If it has the facilities to carry out vaccine trials it surely can cope with the real thing.

The vaccine trial I am on are using Manchester Rugby club. If it has the facilities to carry out vaccine trials it surely can cope with the real thing.

i am certain im completely over simplifying this but if (if) the vaccine is fridge storage only, then cant it just be administered anywhere, like they do with flu jabs when they go to schools etc etc. Just hyper-localised mass vaccination, very similar to election day. Dunno. i'll have missed something massive no doubt.

i am certain im completely over simplifying this but if (if) the vaccine is fridge storage only, then cant it just be administered anywhere, like they do with flu jabs when they go to schools etc etc. Just hyper-localised mass vaccination, very similar to election day. Dunno. i'll have missed something massive no doubt.
Yes. Similar to blood doning, which is done in church halls, gyms, etc.

Had a real issue since last Wednesday so phoned the doctor yesterday.
After a 25 minute wait booked a telephone appointment. Didn’t recognise the doctor’s name but it was good that he phoned within the hour.

Anyhow, he listened to the symptoms and looked at my previous issues with similar symptoms. It ended up with him asking me “What do you think it is?
WTF!
Going back well before COVID....I had a doctor say "'I'll just have a quick look on google".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.