COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stupid to promise something in nov when the scientist were all telling him the winter would be bad, hell even i knew that
They announced tiers to be reviewed every two weeks but announced christmas plans with 5 weeks to go. Made no sense.

there was no value in announcing Christmas when there was always a chance it may be cancelled only going to invite criticism

Everyone massing for Xmas shopping before spending 4 days spreading it in confined places in a home setting.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
If the new strain is 70% more infective than the old one that's an average R0 of 5 27 as opposed to 3.1.
That also means herd immunity is about 81%
Basic calculation is (1-(1/5.27))*100.
It also means herd iimmunity will be more difficult to achieve
As 81% of the population will have to be inocculated to reach herd immunity.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious to me that new scientific data and predictions about this variant have come to light in the last 24hrs.

Sounds like the government didnt have a choice once they knew the full story.

Just hope they are telling the truth about this new variant and it isnt any more deadly.
If it’s 70% more transmissible and was noted around mid November, how soon would that be showing up in deaths if it was more deadly?

Pretty obvious to me that new scientific data and predictions about this variant have come to light in the last 24hrs.
Sounds like the government didnt have a choice once they knew the full story.
Just hope they are telling the truth about this new variant and it isnt any more deadly.
Worth remembering though that while it may not be more deadly per se, the fact that it is more infectious means more people will catch it and unfortunately more will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.