COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy I know has over the course of this pandemic been telling me how careful he is, carries hand sanitiser everywhere etc. Then in the same breath tells me he isn’t seeing anyone apart from all his work colleagues, oh and his mum and gran. Went to get tested because he claims he wanted to be safe so that he could enjoy Xmas. Didn’t want to tell him just because you are negative on a Monday doesn’t mean you are positive on a Friday. Anyway turns out he is positive but his girlfriend is negative.

It's a weird one though, isn't it. I know some who have contracted the virus that have been ok with it, yet would definitely be classed as vulnerable or unfit.
And my partner got it, as did his parents, yet I didn't.
It will be interesting to see the conclusions of long term studies.

Yeah absolutely, doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it in certain cases.

Apologies I have been a bit tetchy tonight. I am genuinely concerned by the numbers that is why. It feels like we are sleep walking into another disaster that could be avoided. Probably easier not knowing these days.
You're never tetchy ;-) Don't worry about it.

Yeah absolutely, doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it in certain cases.
Despite the grim reality now, its going to be fascinating to see why some were effected badly when others weren't.
I know some research has already been done into effect with different blood groups, and although the difference was minimal it was there.

This year has shown why so many Brits are so self deprecating about themselves. When someone says that we need to stop mocking ourselves and Britain and have more pride in who we are, kindly tell them to shut the fuck up. What an absolute disaster this whole thing has been. So fucking depressing.

If it seems I am anti Boris it isn't that. Happy to admit I voted for him. My brother actually knows him. And has been featured on a TV show with him. He can just be so frustrating at times.

I even do not hold it against him that I might have got Covid in the early days of the first wave very indirectly because of him. With quite a lot of maybes in that chain.

So if I do not blame him for that I can forgive him here too if he does the right thing.

You. By your calculations of 80k dying at the estimated mortality rate of 0.4% it works out at 20 million. Probably more as that won’t include the last 10 days or so.
Dont calculate , nobody has said twenty million have had it , you cant assume based on the death rate , no scientist has said twenty million or that herd immunity caused by infection will get us out of tnis , in fact they all say the vaccine will get us out of it

You. By your calculations of 80k dying at the estimated mortality rate of 0.4% it works out at 20 million. Probably more as that won’t include the last 10 days or so.
IFR is related to age structure of the population.
Estimates for the UK in the first wave was around 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.