COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwall and Ipswich have called off matches due to the virus being in their camps. Is this the tip of the iceberg and will more Clubs follow.
Xmas with no pubs , restaurants & football on the tele ... WTF

I have a feeling in the next few days a full lockdown will be announced for Boxing Day, now way kids can go back to school in Jan if this new strain is that bad especially down south.

ITV news just now suggests much of England may go into Tier 4 after Christmas. But the scientists want to wait as they think children off school etc might impact the rates. But they accept the new strain is now everywhere in the UK and rising so it seems inevitable this will happen.

Last edited:
Apologies I have been a bit tetchy tonight. I am genuinely concerned by the numbers that is why. It feels like we are sleep walking into another disaster that could be avoided. Probably easier not knowing these days.
I'm sure you're getting yourself down obsessing over these numbers, I try to avoid the numbers now and I'm much happier not really knowing what's going on.

I have a feeling in the next few days a full lockdown will be announced for Boxing Day, now way kids can go back to school in Jan if this new strain is that bad especially down south.
Boris is adament schools and education stays open , for me it was mad sending kids back to uni and college , i could just about understand younger kids staying at school

Just went to local shop in Flixton and yet again 2 middle aged women not a mask in view. Its a simple thing even if it was only 10% effective why not wear one. The shops continue to let them in and serve these selfish fools .We'll never get rid of this virus because it doesn't just kill stupid people.
I cannot understand why, particularly supermarkets, don't set aside a couple of separate hours each day when those with reasons not to wear masks can shop but at all other times there is no admission without a mask.

I'm sure you're getting yourself down obsessing over these numbers, I try to avoid the numbers now and I'm much happier not really knowing what's going on.
Whilst I am pretty good at coping with stress (have had to be) I think there is an element of truth in that. Still I assume over Christmas they will minimise publication of data and I will binge on musicals and romantic comedies and post less on here. Which will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.