COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had another letter telling me to shield as my area is now tier 4. I live in Rochdale which is currently tier 3.
Just wandering if it has been sent by mistake, or is tier 4 coming during xmas when the poster of said email will be on holiday. Leaving the mainstream media to deliver the bad news.

Interesting. Whereabouts in Rochdale are you? I'm also located in that fine Borough but haven't had anything.

Result came back positive this morning :(

Had a bad cough and chills since Sunday.

Not a surprise after my wife and son tested positive a week ago.

Just goes to show how important it is for people to play their part on personal responsibility.

I tested negative along with my young daughter when we got the original test done.

We were six days into self-isolation but I just felt off, so relieved to know the score this time around.

It's another ten days now for all of us, until Dec 31.

At least it means three out of the four of us now have it and keeping daughter inside for effectively what will have been 16 days at the end of it, means I don't have to worry about hugging her on Xmas day.

Fucking schools, you won't find anyone more anal than me when it came to doing everything by the book and not seeing anyone for ten months :(

I'm a bit confused with these messages about the jab giving immunity. I thought it didn't stop you catching it, or spreading it, it just hopefully made the symptoms less severe if you caught it.

Short term immunity looks very good within days. 2nd jab needed for long term.

From FDA review, there's a nice graph showing how quick it sets in

View attachment 7020

The Oxford AZ study excludes infections in the 21 days after first dose in their reported analysis, so I don't think you can see the same early time period.

But again, after 21 days there is already substantial protection (figure on the right, divergence apparent between placebo and active), so it likely acts similarly quickly.

gr1_lrg.jpg

According to Boris 500k have been vaccinated since they started, at current rates that would take 4.74 years to do the whole population. If you just take the over 70's which would exclude health workers it will take 7.5 months to vaccinate them all.

Things need to speed up before we start getting complacent.

According to Boris 500k have been vaccinated since they started, at current rates that would take 4.74 years to do the whole population. If you just take the over 70's which would exclude health workers it will take 7.5 months to vaccinate them all.

Things need to speed up before we start getting complacent.
They can't speed up until we have more doses, which means the other, not yet approved vaccine, if they speed up we just run out earlier.

Vaccinating people who don't need it wouldn't help the situation either.

The vaccine doesn't stop the spread, it prevents serious illness and death amongst the old/vulnerable, which is why it's been targetted at those it has first.
The hope and expectation is that the vaccine will reduce transmission.

I know the rationale for the vaccine programme. However, the presence of a variant which could be up to 70% more transmissiblec changes the landscape completely. We'll get out of this much quicker if we treat the strains differentially for they deserve and need to be treated differentially.

That's what I thought, as I posted above.

That's why I'm concerned the government are seeking tenders to roll out a health passport system and those not vaccinated will be denied access to certain areas of life. If the only thing the vaccine does is hopefully ease the symptoms of you catch it then a person not getting vaccinated impacts on nobody but themselves. Okay maybe the NHS if they have to be treated there. I'm not a conspiracy theorist as my sister and her husband have had it, but although it wasn't particularly pleasant they just rode it out at home. I just am concerned at this totalitarian control, if you don't comply you will be the modern equivalent of a leper.

I'm a bit confused with these messages about the jab giving immunity. I thought it didn't stop you catching it, or spreading it, it just hopefully made the symptoms less severe if you caught it.

My understanding is:
It won't stop you catching it, certainly.
It should reduce the amount of virus getting into red cells and thus replicating, giving you a lower amount overall. This is how it reduces severity.
It won't directly stop you spreading it, but (following the above point) should prevent the amount that you have to spread from being increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.