COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They most definitely are either (a) wrong, or (b) being dishonest. Let me explain why:

You cannot transfer immunity for any virus from one person to another. You get immunity by either catching it, or by being vaccinated. That's assuming you can get immunity from this by catching it and there is even a question mark over that. But let's assume that you can.

For herd immunity to work, it is estimated that 60% of the herd - the UK public - need to have immunity. i.e. 60% of the people in the UK need to catch it for this to work. You need 60% so that every time a new person is infected, they go on to inflect less than 1 other person, and then the virus naturally dies out. At the moment, each infected person is infecting between 2 and 3 other people, which is why the numbers are exploding exponentially. So 60% of the UK population need to catch it, some to die and some to recover. Until then, it continues to spread virulently.

60% of the UK population circa 40m people. Even if we were to spread this infection out evenly over 2 years, it's still nearly 2m people per month. The NHS cannot cope with anything like that. Not even close. And that's assuming no peaks, which is ludicrous. Of course there will be a peak.

So the herd immunity line is a complete lie. It's technically possible, provided we simply accept hundreds of thousands of deaths as an unavoidable outcome. A calculation on a spreadsheet might suggest it is a possible course of action. In the real world, with thousands upon thousands of lives at stake, it is a complete non-starter.

If it’s a lie, what’s their end game here? Many people have suggested it’s to protect the economy, I don’t even want to get into why I think that’s fucking stupid.

A statement from one of the government advisors:

Click through and read the whole thread, but he says he's not happy with the portrayal of 'herd immunity' being the main strategy of the government, rather than a potential side effect.

Wow, gonna overtake the scouse thread at this rate. Maybe even the Brexit one too. Brexit, anyone remember that?

All of it is taken verbatim from interviews with the UK's Chief Health Officer and Chief Scientific Officer - lefty loons like you can't hear anything but the emissions of the blonde in between.
No it isn’t.
The CSO, Patrick Vallance, said ideally 60% would get it.
The Chief Medical Officer, Chris Whitty, hasn’t put a figure on it.
You’re talking shit as usual.

I’ll retract if you provide a link to prove me wrong.

they are openly corrupt ,i agree from cops getting their " tea money " for owt and nowt to their bullshitting about their covid 19 numbers,unlike our government

It’s thai’s second nature to bullshit mate, they’re world champions at it! Love the country, absolutely beautiful. The way they treat foreigners and us farangs in general often puts me off the place.

All of it is taken verbatim from interviews with the UK's Chief Health Officer and Chief Scientific Officer - lefty loons like you can't hear anything but the emissions of the blonde in between.
Arguing about the current and/or projected COVID-19 impacts and statistics behind them or the probable efficacy of the governments response is fair game. And we mods have definitely taken a more lenient approach as of late when it comes to discussing the political factors and implications of the current situation in the thread (as it has become impossible to completely untangle political inputs from the response).

But there’s no need to include politically-charged personal abuse like “lefty loons” or “tosser tories” or the like.

And continually doing it will see the offender removed from the thread.

Wrong and as I said framed for an arguement. Why even add loony left, what is happening transends left or right. As I said you post for clicks and the last word not for any informative debate. And to not railroad the thread don't respond as I won't reply next time
I'm standing on the railroad waiting for the @karen7's trains to flatten me - with the words of the government experts ringing in my ears.

They will have their guarantees before going to manufacture, sure, but the government aren't going to block it. Pharma companies will say "for x million doses, sign this to promise us Y million dollars".

Yes that’s all part of the negotiations. I read the other day that the remedy for Ebola was developed by research teams in collaboration across different parts of the World. Including UK researchers playing a leading role.

The containment strategies being followed by all the Countries indicates that any antidote is going to take several months to develop and implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.