COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that’s all part of the negotiations. I read the other day that the remedy for Ebola was developed by research teams in collaboration across different parts of the World. Including UK researchers playing a leading role.

The containment strategies being followed by all the Countries indicates that any antidote is going to take several months to develop and implement.

UK research labs are very well respected in pharma, but the funding comes from big pharma companies - they will be racing cooperatively at the moment, and I would expect them to be passing info to each other as they go.

It's definitely months. Trump was told this by the pharma execs on camera a couple of weeks back. They said about a year, as it will need testing first.

It will be being used in a highly unusual manner too - it normally takes about 13 years to get a normal drug from patent to market - an antibody to a known virus is probably a bit quicker than that, but normal FDA testing is measured in years not months. This won't be.

No it isn’t.
The CSO, Patrick Vallance, said ideally 60% would get it.
The Chief Medical Officer, Chris Whitty, hasn’t put a figure on it.
You’re talking shit as usual.
I’ll retract if you provide a link to prove me wrong.
Good luck with that mate.
George is a bit of a slippery customer when it comes to the actualité.
@George Hannah

Just looking now: Germany 4100 cases 8 deaths. UK 1,100 cases 21 deaths.
I appreciate we aren’t doing a lot of testing here, but regardless of that, the difference in mortality looks significant.
I’ve read on here that Germany aren’t counting deaths where there were underlying medical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.