COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if I need to do this 12 week thing, I have chronic asthma and my lungs are constantly fucked with me bein put on steriods at some point most years.

Not sure if asthma is being classed as a serious health issue, but as it is a lung issue I have no clue if I fit the bracket of isolation.

Same I have a staff memeber whose medication gives her a weak practucally zero immune system but her condition isn't kidney or heart related
Similarly confused wouldn't describe mine as chronic but on the flu jab list all the same. My sister reckons anyone recommended for the 12_week isolation will receive a text message from their GP. Her ex (rheumatoid arthritis) low immune system and my Auntie 70+ have had texts from theirs this afternoon.

I am finding it really interesting to look at data on the countries who are past the worst, such as China and South Korea. This is a fantastic resource for doing this:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
If you click on individual countries you get a further breakdown. The "Daily new case graph" is interesting.

Here's a thing with China: it has a population of 1.435 billion and 99.994% of the population didn't get the virus. The % of the population who didn't die of it, is even higher.

Is that because they quickly closed down Wuhan?

I am finding it really interesting to look at data on the countries who are past the worst, such as China and South Korea. This is a fantastic resource for doing this:
If you click on individual countries you get a further breakdown. The "Daily new case graph" is interesting.

Here's a thing with China: it has a population of 1.435 billion and 99.994% of the population didn't get the virus. The % of the population who didn't die of it, is even higher.

They aren't necessarily past the worst though, all it takes it 1 person, 1 person who slipped through the system and they'll go through it all again, probably in a different region in China.

I'd say this is the most likely scenario given how many people have it but are asymptomatic.

Err, 'didn't get the virus'? - or much more: we have no fuckin idea about them being covin+ or not...

It’s bollocks because the closures should be enforced. People will still go stupidly. Most people will avoid, some will still attend given a choice.
Undoubtedly they will be enforced if enough people don’t take heed. Besides, the number ignoring the advice, and the number of pubs and flea pits staying open, will naturally dwindle very quickly.

Personally I prefer to be asked first rather than dictated to.

As I said yesterday you could multiply their infected rate by a 1000 and it would still be less than 7% of the population.

Which suggests that isolating does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.