COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re looking to sell our family owned London property and cash buy elsewhere ASAP. We own it lock, stock and barrel. Does anyone think this crisis will impact on our ability to do so?

I’ve been keeping an eye on the market and they’re selling quickly. Our neighbours had thirty viewings and three offers. They left earlier this week.
This is clearly going to decimate the housing market.

Yep and don’t forget all the wankers (seemed 3/4 of people I’m “friends” with on Facebook) who all posted their heartfelt messages of “wasn’t going out tonight but might as well makes the most of it as we won’t be allowed to do it from tomorrow” from the pub.

Sadly it won’t be them that suffer, but their parents, their mates parents and the old and infirm. People are shit sometimes.
on that subject , this is very moving and an heartfelt plea from a doctor

U.K. now ahead of Italy on their curve. We’ve been consistently 15 days behind. Now we’re up to 230+ dead, they were at 197 15 days ago.

Shit’s about to get fucking awful.

It sure is. People posting pictures on social media of parks and seafronts packed with families, all queuing for fish and chips/ice cream. We have bred a generation of stupid selfish people.

Just take solace it’s only 3 figures. There will be days in the coming three months when we’re reading 5 figures globally per day and the total dead will be seven figures.

Then the early pages of this thread will look silly. “it’s only a bit of flu and the world’s gone mad, I hope this doesn’t affect my job”.
Dont take this the wrong way but i hope you're completely wrong about this but i fear you may be right

This is clearly going to decimate the housing market.

London traditionally fares ok. There are too many people in this city and not enough houses.

As cash buyers, I figured this would work in our favour because prices elsewhere may drop. We literally don’t give a fuck who we sell it to if they’re prepared to pay the money.

Yep and don’t forget all the wankers (seemed 3/4 of people I’m “friends” with on Facebook) who all posted their heartfelt messages of “wasn’t going out tonight but might as well makes the most of it as we won’t be allowed to do it from tomorrow” from the pub.

Sadly it won’t be them that suffer, but their parents, their mates parents and the old and infirm. People are shit sometimes.

Yes a mate saying it was like New Years eve in Didsbury. His missus has got a raft of health problems but oh no his 12 pints with the lads was more important.

In Holland pubs etc have been closed for a week and it's much quieter on the streets. Unfortunately today as the weather was nice everyone was outside mingling. Our curve is terrible and I fear the worst here. I expect a Italy style lockdown shortly. The youth here are total idiots and don't care. I'm sure many will be responsible for killing their grandparents.

My sister is a health worker in Cheshire and was previously a nurse in manchester. She's been called back into front line nursing and finds out what she's being assigned to on Monday. Apparently it's stretched now and we have hardly got going. It's going to be very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.