COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hancock: Two new Nightingales will be built in Bristol and Harrogate
Hospitals in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow are already being built
Whilst on the face of it, that may be worrying (as to how many may need ICU), the plus part is that it seems that no one will do without ventilator support that needs it. What happened in Italy and Spain with 60+ people having theirs taken off them for younger patients whilst sedated was beyond words, if understandable.

Last edited:
Whilst on the face of it, that may be worrying (as to how many may need ICU), the plus part is that it seems that no one will do with ventilator support that needs it. What happened in Italy and Spain with 60+ people having theirs taken off them for younger patients whilst sedated was beyond words, if understandable.

I think the main thing is keeping Covid patients away from the other hospitals. Pooling the resources is obviously massively important too, there's not point having 10 ventilators at each hospital in the country and constantly moving them around, but one of the things the Chinese did that really helped stop the spread was separate their hospitals into covid only and anything but covid.

It's just too infectious and people in hospitals are the most vulnerable to dying from it. It also massively reduces the exposure of the nurses and doctors not working on covid wards.

They're temporary hospitals, of course they're not keeping them.

You think UWE and the Excel centre were just being changed to hospitals forever?
I realy wish you wouldn't edit all your posts,it makes my answers pretty useless without seeing the whole thing at once,you have to be quick

They'll mothball the beds and other bits of kit but not the capacity.

They'll send the kit to Africa, there's going to be a massive worldwide aid program to help them deal with it after the 1st world has gotten on top of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.