COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying that the doctors are not treating patients with Hydroxy. What are they selling. 2 cent hydroxy, no profit in that. Big Pharma is the problem, democrat politicians still trying to crash the economy and marxist teachers who wont go to school but will get arrested in city riots
I didn't say they were selling anything. I said their behaviour was similar to someone who was. That kind of confrontational approach from a medical professional will ALWAYS set alarm bells ringing for me. It's simply not the behaviour I have become accustomed to seeing from genuine top medical experts.

Also, in a country that has 4.5 million confirmed cases of a virus where around 80% of carriers are asymptomatic, I'm going to need a LOT more evidence that hydroxychloroquine is effective than claims from random doctors that they've given it to 350 patients and not had a single death.

That isn't evidence of a miracle cure; it's an anecdote. And one that could be repeated by many other doctors who've treated 350 patients with anything other than hydroxychloroquine and also not had a single death.

Doesn’t fit the narrative that I’m afraid mate.

UK (well England) = bad

Everyone else (apart from America) = good

I know America is in a dire state with this virus but the above is applicable to every single topic with certain posters on this forum.

The truth is, as you say, there’s good reason to have concerns over Spain.

This is why when I post the UK data daily it can seem overcomplicated. Because the BBC news line - 119 people died yesterday from Coronavirus is usually not just untrue it is wildly misleading.

The reality is that if you report only the numbers literally from the past 24 hours yesterday (and most days in the past week) the total in UK hospitals was ZERO.

Obviously, that is misleading too, as people die outside hospital. And deaths can take a few days to be confirmed as Covid and/or registered.

But even on that basis the actual numbers in UK hospitals daily are really now evened out no more than 10 a day.

And the out of hospital numbers are falling weekly.

So I post all the data and you can decide for yourself which to take as most relevant.

Most countries are less transparent than we are and as a result t he worst case scenario for the UK is higher than the best case one portrayed for most of them.

Oddly - much like they do with presenting City in the worst possible light - media often tend to exaggerate our plight as a means to make a point on Covid rather than give any kind of good light to the changing picture.

Until I started collating these figures daily I had no idea this was happening either - as 99% of the population seemingly still don't.

This is why when I post the UK data daily it can seem overcomplicated. Because the BBC news line - 119 people died yesterday from Coronavirus is usually not just untrue it is wildly misleading.

The reality is that if you report only the numbers literally from the past 24 hours yesterday (and most days in the past week) the total in UK hospitals was ZERO.

Obviously, that is misleading too, as people die outside hospital. And deaths can take a few days to be confirmed as Covid and/or registered.

But even on that basis the actual numbers in UK hospitals daily are really now evened out no more than 10 a day.

And the out of hospital numbers are falling weekly.

So I post all the data and you can decide for yourself which to take as most relevant.

Most countries are less transparent than we are and as a result t he worst case scenario for the UK is higher than the best case one portrayed for most of them.

Oddly - much like they do with presenting City in the worst possible light - they tend to exaggerate our plight as a means to make a point on Covid rather than give any kind of good light to the changing picture.

Until I started collating these figures daily I had no idea this was happening either - as 99% of the population seemingly still don't.
You’re absolutely correct mate and you’re the most important person in this thread so keep it up.

Ive said for ages the UK was reporting it differently and was accused of bias, we now know it as fact but I’m glad we are doing it this way, at least it’s not missing people out.

Scotland data 0 deaths. Almost 2 weeks now since there has been in hospital.

22 new cases - 0.7% of tests - which is up 7 x yesterday.

A cluster (14 today were in the Glasgow/Clyde area) is under investigation.

National Records Scotland reported 8 deaths in week ending 26 July ascribed to Covid. Up by 2 from previous week. Though second best in the 4 months of the pandemic. These were mainly in care homes and at home as zero were recorded in hospital that week.

Last edited:
Doesn’t fit the narrative that I’m afraid mate.

UK (well England) = bad

Everyone else (apart from America) = good

I know America is in a dire state with this virus but the above is applicable to every single topic with certain posters on this forum.

The truth is, as you say, there’s good reason to have concerns over Spain.

But then, as for new infections, the Spanish report Antibody tests in their totals which inflates their number and gives it a perhaps unreasonably high outlook in comparison to elsewhere. Horses for courses, and I prefer the way we report deaths in comparison to most countries (Spain in particular).

So you are saying that the doctors are not treating patients with Hydroxy. What are they selling. 2 cent hydroxy, no profit in that. Big Pharma is the problem, democrat politicians still trying to crash the economy and marxist teachers who wont go to school but will get arrested in city riots

British scientists have already debunked that fucking tablet, and instead found a £3 pill that is saving a 3rd of patients in ICU what a win for BIG PHARMA aye.

But then, as for new infections, the Spanish report Antibody tests in their totals which inflates their number and gives it a perhaps unreasonably high outlook in comparison to elsewhere. Horses for courses, and I prefer the way we report deaths in comparison to most countries (Spain in particular).
That maybe true but the whole “success” factor, if you can call it a success, on this virus is on recorded deaths.

They can’t test everyone so deaths is, sadly, the best way of seeing how we’re doing.

That maybe true but the whole “success” factor, if you can call it a success, on this virus is on recorded deaths.

They can’t test everyone so deaths is, sadly, the best way of seeing how we’re doing.

I think judging deaths will be the best way of measuring success or failure at the end of pandemic, whenever that may be. In the meantime, as for the day to day - the rate of infection should be and will be the factor behind any decisions such as social distancing, quarantine, shielding etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.