COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This again tallies with what my barber was saying, there's a whole lot less people in the town centre, so less people eating lunch out, going for a haircut, and probably a lot more things we don't realise are knock on effects.

We absolutely have to find a balance, and quickly, there's still a lot on furlough, and that won't last much longer, soon they'll be unemployed if we can't find a solution that works, so we have to get people back to doing things we've always done whilst managing the virus too.

Those that do nothing but moan about the government are only looking at one side of an enormously difficult situation, yes they've made, and are still making, mistakes, but even with an army of civil servants to draw on, it's a very difficult set of equations to balance for the good of everyone.

My wife works in a dentist, and he's had to let people go, because they can't see enough patients, and don't have enough space to run all their surgeries, they have 3 surgeries, but can only run 2, at a time because one has to remain empty after treatments, and that's not to mention the PPE he's now having to buy for his staff, thay are currently running at about 20% of pre covid levels, and people are still desperate for treatment, and yet he's had to let staff go.
I broke a tooth during lockdown but I can't get in at the dentist but I have an appt for my tattoo guy tomorrow to discuss a portrait to be done in Jan once he has cleared his backlog of one's to do ,if we are not in lockdown again,he is fully licenced by the Gov and has to keep as clean to nhs standard but I couldn't get a beauty treatment on my eyebrows and they have always worn some ppe ,it would help if the rules made more sense

Ultimately there are still 63 million people left for the virus to infect and it's not choosy. It's only just started
That's blatantly incorrect. From what's already been established, we know it is most definitely choosy.
Also- The true proportion of the British population who have died from Covid-19 is around 0.1%.
(From fact checker)

Last edited:
That's blatantly incorrect. From what's already been established, we know it is most definitely choosy.
Also- The true proportion of the British population who have died from Covid-19 is around 0.1%.
(From fact checker)

and what's 0.1% of 67 million? 67k which sounds correct so fact checker is right and so am I.
4 million have been infected leaving 63 million for the virus to get at

It would, but all of these have their own regulators, and it's they that decide what they can/can't do not government.

The BDC (dentists) have been very strict, but an awful lot of dentists are from the BAME community, so it's fully understandable.
Is there? I didn't know that,they are right to be extra careful,it is the government stopping the beauty industry,they won't let them open,they opened hospitality instead,it is a 30 billion pound industry who already use PPE but they are not allowed to open

Last edited:
(From fact checker)
the new cases are in the young,it is not all about who dies but also who spreads it

I have been part of a study into anti-bodies (6 monthly tests for 20,000 - See Biobank for details for those who are interested) and their findings from 1st batch of monthy samples showed that 7% of the population have Covid 19 antibodies - its higher in London(10%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.