COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting data, Ayrshire. Will be important to see how it changes over time and if it impacts subsequemt hospitalisation and death numbers if it does.

Btw BBC local news just said 'discussions' still going on delaying the easing of lockdown announcement but that Stockport and Bolton are still up for relaxation with Trafford too. Alongside other areas in Lancashire - Hyndburn and Burnley.

Again will be from next Wednesday if it happens.

I just knew this would be your exact response. Predictable and also wrong.

And I knew yours - predictable and also wrong. Was in a sandwich shop in Manchester yesterday and bloke was nearly in tears. Marks and Spencer’s in spnningfields is not even open. So quiet around there. People need to get back or the economy will be absolutely trashed - I fail to see how that can’t be the case.

Age range of infections in ENGLAND over past 7 days.

Aged 20-64, 5235 new infections
Aged 65 - 74, 272 new infections
Aged 75+, 317 new infections (including 148 persons 85+)
Aged 15-19, 617 new infections
Aged 0-14, 496 new infections (including 176 0-4 year olds).

@Healdplace

Data taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/ btw which is a very useful site, mainly Scottish data but with a tab for UK also available.

You should quote percentages as the raw figures are wrong so it should be treated as a sample of the cases but other than that great stuff

You should quote percentages as the raw figures are wrong so it should be treated as a sample of the cases but other than that great stuff

Yeah I can appreciate how that'd be helpful, but I'm merely ripping off someone else's work (which is why I've felt best I linked to the site), but easier for someone of my expertise to copy over the data than to do the %'s. The numbers themselves help paint the picture though.

And I knew yours - predictable and also wrong. Was in a sandwich shop in Manchester yesterday and bloke was nearly in tears. Marks and Spencer’s in spnningfields is not even open. So quiet around there. People need to get back or the economy will be absolutely trashed - I fail to see how that can’t be the case.

I’m personally trading in my car for a horse. Time to get back to normal.

Daily Mail has picked up on the Trafford row story now.

But does have an interesting table of the 10 most infected places in the UK right now.

This list is based on the Covid symptoms tracker ap run by Kings College in London where people self report if they have them. It has 3.9 million users.

It publishes weekly.

As a percentage of population these are:

1 South Tyneside 0.23%

2 Blackpool 0.22%

3 Oldham 0.21%

4 Halton 0.19%

5 Manchester 0.18%

6 Redcar 0.16%

7 Wirral 0.15%

8 Bradford 0.14%

9 Barnsley 0.14%

10 Denbighshire 0.14%

This differs markedly from the standard lists of cases via testing. Blackpool for instance barely registers on that although in the height of the pandemic it was a major hot spot.

The UK data now in and its a continuation of the not so good news I am afraid. Though not yet a disaster. But certainly going slowly upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.