COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wear a mask!

Not quite sure what this means:

“Confidently, what you can say is that things that we consider aerosols, not droplets, have both [viral] RNA and [live] virus in them that is capable of replication in cell culture,”

Interesting points about having healthier populations though. Being drastically unfit has always caused health issues whilst being generally fit has staved off many an illness (I know that personally) but of course there are other factors involved and not everybody are fortunate to be mobile.

Indeed and lets see how they run with this winter, after all this thing did not get a grip in Europe until a big chunk of the winter had gone earlier in the year. This time it has got a whole 6/7 months of appalling shitty cold weather to go at in much of Europe, as much if not more so in Sweden than this pissy blowy cold and shit climate here.

Do not fear climate change will save the day (LOL).

Of course it's positive. I think we all know that the vast majority of these calls are kids with colds. Plenty of scientists and health experts have said this happens every time kids return to school. The vast majority, thankfully, will almost certainly be just that. Natural playground cold spreading. Sniffly kids everywhere.
And sniffly kids leads to sniffly parents. So many people with kids i know including myself and my wife and two kids have all had colds in the last 2 weeks since the kids have gone back to school and nursery. Naturally everyone starts thinking they have covid and wants advice or a test.

yep.

August. Get out you selfish bastards and eat out to help out. Think about your local businesses and high street and support them . Get out

September. Get in you selfish bastards , how dare you go out and enjoy yourself . Fucking kids going back to schools , students going to university the selfish twats .
Amended for accuaracy
August. Get out you selfish bastards and eat out to help out. Think about your local businesses and high street and support them . Get out, but remember to social distance, don't gather in large groups, wear masks and if you are in local lockdown, stop going in and out of other people's houses.

September. Get in because you have been unable to maintain social distancing, you keep gathering in large groups, you are't wearing masks and many have you have ignored local lockdown measures.

And sniffly kids leads to sniffly parents. So many people with kids i know including myself and my wife and two kids have all had colds in the last 2 weeks since the kids have gone back to school and nursery. Naturally everyone starts thinking they have covid and wants advice or a test.
Yeah me and my family had the same. My lad went in school with a sniffle and coughed in class next minute everyone turned round and stared in horror! Poor bugger

Clear I think now that this is coming back with a vengeance. If those suggesting we wont get a vaccine until well into the new year are correct then this world is fucked. There will be the kind of unrest and breakdown the kind of which we have never seen in this country.
and on top of this were going to see home repossesions hit a high around Jan/Feb unless the government suspend court action from banks

I don't know how relevant this is for potentially better days to follow. But on the face of it, this is positive is it not? I'm probably missing a lot of the context tbf.

It explains why the death rates are so low compared to previously when the infection rates were at current levels: Hardly anyone over 70 is catching it, because we have tightened up our act on care homes, people over 70 are rightfully being bloody careful, and many of those most susceptible are dead already.

What it also shows (sadly) however is that there is no evidence for anyone to conclude that the virus is becoming less potent.

Do not fear climate change will save the day (LOL).
Sorry mate, but you are not allowed to mention any benefits of climate change. It has to be consistently positioned as the end of the world as we know it. "Being a bit warmer" just does not suit the agenda.

Sorry mate, but you are not allowed to mention any benefits of climate change. It has to be consistently positioned as the end of the world as we know it. "Being a bit warmer" just does not suit the agenda.

surely we can leave climate change out of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.