COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland was not interested at the start they were doing their own thing which is fair as it's a dissolved Govt. however minute one on the proposed Cobra meeting will be all about money.

Sorry, but from the start Sturgeon has been repetitive in asking for a '4 nations approach', yet she (and everyone else) us continually taken by surprise by a Boris decision. It's not Scotland who are doing their own thing.

The Vitamin D thing seems to be borderline magical thinking, spread by the same newspapers that regularly tell you X causes cancer (and the same X prevents cancer a month later).

The one study that kicked this off found that the most Vitamin D deficient group of COVID patients had the worst outcome. But failed to consider how these patients were also older and had more underlying health issues. Low Vitamin D levels are correlated with all kinds of contributary factors.

Out of interest which 'experts in the field' has Joe Rogan had on the subject of Vitamin D? He's been downplaying the pandemic for a long time and generally has looks on now, alongside the occasional good guest - but I can't stand him anymore.
It was a lady called Dr. Rhonda Patrick’s episode, you can check out the 28min clip on it on youtube, she made some great points, including citing the Somali population of Sweden and the increase in COVID deaths amongst that community vs the native population. The lack of ability of the Somali to absorb the poor northern hemisphere sunlight due to the pigmentation of their skin amongst other added theories was interesting if not necessarily true.

Last edited:
Went to Hollingsworth Lake today, you can forget it people, absolutely fuck all social distancing, the wine press pub was rammed outside with people quite obviously not in a bubble. Tables full all next to others absolutely zero attempt by the pub to distance people, a glorious day they are obviously trying to maximise profits before been closed down again. Huge groups walking round the lake a lot more than 6 in a group, it’s a joke.
I have sympathy and anger at the government in equal measures, damned if they do damned if they don’t, if you can let football go on with 23 people on the pitch who are all from different places, what’s the difference sitting outside a pub on a glorious day, however personal responsibility has to come into play, we walked away from the pub and tried to make a wide berth walking round the lake, others don’t give a shit and then will be crying when they get ill or kill a relative.

So what's the bets on the 2nd lockdown?

A - Early this week (Monday-Tuesday)
B - Late this week (Wednesday onwards)
C - The following Monday
D - Sometime further into the future.
E - There's not going to be a second lockdown anytime soon

I'm thinking next Monday at the earliest once they've got the message out on the importance of it. I think people will need a lot of convincing so it'll be a tricky one to sell.

IMHO They simply won't close schools again despite the hoops they've made us jump through regards to remote learning. They NEED schools as free childcare so their precious lemmings can carry on working.

Whilst there may be "localised lockdowns" I think these will be nothing like the first lockdown as it's "unsustainable".

Schools and businesses open means people gather, they simply cannot help themselves.

IMHO They simply won't close schools again despite the hoops they've made us jump through regards to remote learning. They NEED schools as free childcare so their precious lemmings can carry on working.

Whilst there may be "localised lockdowns" I think these will be nothing like the first lockdown as it's "unsustainable".

Schools and businesses open means people gather, they simply cannot help themselves.

If it gets out of hand, then they don't have much of a choice - schools are shut late October, so they might pull the plug then depending on how bad things get.

Im saying those with asthma don't like anything in front of their faces. Speaking from experience

And that's fair enough. It is however fair enough to assume that the majority of people not wearing masks have no issues, especially when round here particularly masks are a minority. If they all have problems then the levels of asthma round here must put LFC to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.