COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know this yet at all, it's a guess, and at this moment in time there is no evidence whatsoever that we are in the start of an out of control eruption of dangerous infection.
Well if it’s a guess it’s one that numerous scientists and experts I’ve listened to are guessing and putting their reputation on the line about. There is also a very good documentary on netflix explaining how it works if your interested. :)

Schools went back there was always going to be more cases, if we are just going to shut then t down again what was the point?
Schools going back was not the key to this rise, nothing like it, it was far too quick as it started in ernest only 3 or 4 days after schools returned.

The CMO also said this morning that proven new cases in children were low, the majority of new cases between 20 and 40, but it was clearly rising in all ages, but least in the youngest and eldest.

I've said numerous times in the thread, the shitty bank holiday weather was a large chunk of the cause of this spike, because traditionally lots of families/friends get together over that weekend, and would be outside at pubs and bbq's if the weather was good, but this year most spent all weekend meeting indoors.

It's also a weekend where traditionally a lot of drinking goes on, because it's the end of summer, and back to work/school, ie mundane life is about to return ahead of a long winter (incidentally Scotland have an earlier return, not sure if they have a late holiday or not).

I'm hopeful that this is largely a post bank holiday spike and it levels off again.

Cheers mate. Difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel at this time unfortunately. It is what it is, and people will be in much worse situations than me I realise that.

Figures were worse at the end of May but I felt more positive then because you could see improvements were coming, we've went full circle though and feels more and more like it's March 23rd again.
it shouldn't be as bad as we are ready now, we were blindsided before with something new and fast spreading ,the drs made it up as they went along ish ,we now had steroids and other treatments ,don't fear it ,just be aware and hyper careful

Prof Sikora on BBC news now saying that him and a bunch of epidemiologists have written to the government advising them to sit tight and don't make and rash decisions in implementing and more measures. They are saying that although cases are rising, those getting seriously ill is remaining low. Also spoke about Spain and France to point out that although the numbers of deaths has risen, healthcare is nowhere near bring overrun and the numbers remain relatively low. Specially referred to the current scaremongering in the UK.
Lol, the oncologist has spoken

The testing is up there too - thank you for the tip earlier though they have also added the past few days to the lists not just the graph. Which is good.

219, 723 tests to get this number.

Unfortunately, that is 20,000 fewer than yesterday despite finding 500 more cases.

So a significant rise in the positive test % today.

The testing is up there too - thank you for the tip earlier though they have also added the past few days to the lists not just the graph. Which is good.

219, 723 tests to get this number.

Unfortunately, that is 20,000 fewer than yesterday despite finding 500 more cases.

So a significant rise in the positive test % today.
Ha you beat me to it, I'm sure that graph has been daily for a week or so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.