COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all that, there’s always plenty of selfish twats who’ll ignore the rules, my point is why 15 only at weddings compared to 30 at funerals?

my guess is it's still a reduction in people and thus will make a slight reduction is cases.

also presume, they are being more sympathetic to the deceased relatives by allowing more of them to go, where as a wedding isn't as demanding and can wait.

Boris: From Monday a max of 15 can attend weddings. Funerals unchanged.

No supporters from 1 October at sports events.

First offence for not wearing mask will be £200 fine.
It'd be worth employing some Police on fixed-term contracts.

I normally do my weekly shop at 8.01am but forgot a couple of things so called into Lidl today around 13.00 to see around 10-12 under 25 years olds in groups wandering around maskless...that's a good £2k, would pay for uniform and a wage for a month near enough in 10 mins of fines.

Sorry, but me mixing with people from 20 or 30 different households per day as part of my work, but not being able to visit a few people from my family indoors doesn't make any sense.

It shouldn't be this difficult for the government (Scottish or British) to simply clarify the risks with particular attention to those more vulnerable and the people around them - but permit some leeway for the public to apply some common sense whilst deciding on taking their own calculated risks.

Example - 'It is inadvisable to be in a household with several other people if any of those people come under a vulnerability category, in other cases - please be mindful that this virus could be dangerous even for those not assigned to such categories and as such all precautions such as regular handwashing and distancing should take place'.

I tell you what is odd , in the main the people who attend funerals are a lot older than the vast majority of people who attend weddings so arguably it should be the other way round. Given the old are more vulnerable,

however none of it makes any sense whatsoever . They may have decided these rules by heads or tails .

in Manchester these changes make little difference as we are on local lockdown anyway .

whats changed you can’t be in a pub after 10 !!!

Its a scientific fact that covid is only spread round a boozer after 10pm.

As you say, we are now firmly at the makes no sense whatsoever stage as politicians flip and flop as they try their hardest to appease everyone whilst the opposite side shouts mistake, we wouldn't do that and when asked what they would do say "well......ermmm......we support the government on this".

Here is an idea. Furlough fucking parliament for 6 months and give us all a break from the lot of them.

July = More employees should return to work rather than stay at home to ensure "the economic engines of this country are fired up again", Michael Gove has told Sky News.

2 months later = Mr Gove is asking people to work from home if they can.
And?
People were being careful and the concensus of opinion was that we could begin to return to normality.
People are no longer being careful so advice changes. We have to limit economic damage as best we can.

Mate, if you ever wanted to call me just to chat or speak on PMs, I will be there.

Very sorry to hear you are struggling and have been for while. I had some very dark thoughts about ending it all during the last couple of years, feeling helpless and depressed about life in general, nothing to look forward to.

I went to my doctor and she put me in touch with a CBT therapist. Really just being able to talk to someone who did not know me really helped me to think about some situations in a different way.

Some of the negative thoughts started coming back during this current crisis but I tell myself how far I have come, try to take myself out of my own head.

I have an amazing wife and kids but I still needed to do this for myself and them. We all have our own paths to walk, we all assume everyone else's is so much better or easier.

The truth is that most of us have to fight every day to move forward. You have suffered tremendous loss and some of the best advice I can offer it just try to be kinder to yourself. We are living in extraordinary times.

You have lost both parents, you are living a global pandemic. Sounds to me like you are strong as fuck - stronger than many - strong enough to beat all this shit.

Take care of yourself, blue.

Thanks mate it's day by day but this virus is awful for people with mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.