COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but me mixing with people from 20 or 30 different households per day as part of my work, but not being able to visit a few people from my family indoors doesn't make any sense.

It shouldn't be this difficult for the government (Scottish or British) to simply clarify the risks with particular attention to those more vulnerable and the people around them - but permit some leeway for the public to apply some common sense whilst deciding on taking their own calculated risks.

Example - 'It is inadvisable to be in a household with several other people if any of those people come under a vulnerability category, in other cases - please be mindful that this virus could be dangerous even for those not assigned to such categories and as such all precautions such as regular handwashing and distancing should take place'.
taking individual risks is the opposite of what we need to do ,this is a collective effort

ive not read alot of this thread but came across your post,i was down,really down, not so i was going to harm myself but lower than ive ever been,and what helped me,i went to see the dr and had a chat,i cried my eyes out to the dr ive never seen before,they offered to give me some pills,but thats not my way, i walked out of the dr still down but a lot better than when i went in, chat to someone ,open up and if needs be have a good bawl does you the world of good,good luck

Thanks mate

Its a scientific fact that covid is only spread round a boozer after 10pm.

As you say, we are now firmly at the makes no sense whatsoever stage as politicians flip and flop as they try their hardest to appease everyone whilst the opposite side shouts mistake, we wouldn't do that and when asked what they would do say "well......ermmm......we support the government on this".

Here is an idea. Furlough fucking parliament for 6 months and give us all a break from the lot of them.

Don't do that giving them fuckers 6 months off with expense forms will bankrupt the country.

taking individual risks is the opposite of what we need to do ,this is a collective effort
You are right that it has to be a collective effort but the messages would be more effective if there was much more emphasis on protecting the vulnerable. It might be easier to focus on the real danger caused by younger people mixing with older age groups than vague notions about behaviour in large groups. The communications have not been targeted well. Demonising young people will never work for example.

Plenty of parents home school their kids to uni level, the parents just have to be motivated ,most people cant be arsed

So what. Plenty of people don't get vaccinated and never get measles, doesn't mean everyone shouldn't.

You don't even believe what you're saying, you're just trying to be argumentive.

So boozers have to shut at 10pm due to excessive alcohol intake being a huge concern in the spread of Corona. What's to stop me going in 2 hours earlier than I normally would and drinking the same amount? Or is it just after 10pm Corona fancys infecting people?

Apologies if already covered, just mind boggling really, they don't have a clue what to do.

Scotland data:

1 death 383 cases highest yet. At 7.6% highest yet.

73 in hospital (same) and 10 now in icu ventilators (up 2)

Nicola Sturgeon adds more older people are now catching it and this is now translating clearly into hospital admissions. ICU patients and deaths.

And the % of tests has gone up by 7 times in just a few weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.