COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club 19 - 30 cruise ship holidays to let the less vulnerable catch it? To build herd immunity. I assume that was a joke.

As in the real world even if you sent 10,000 young people on these trips for that reason and just one died as a result the law suits would ruin the company for knowingly infecting people. And rightly end any government supporting it.

Would you just say - oh well it was my son/daughter's choice - if this was your child? I hope not.

Running the real world and a computer gameplay based on letting people get sick are happily very different things.

No, but the money is there and it is necessary. Don't kid yourself otherwise.
I'm not kidding anyone least of all myself, why should one part of the UK benefit more than anywhere else, that is my point.

I don't agree that the "money is there" either, it's only there because we are borrowing it, and some where, some time, some one will have to pay for it all. Regardless of where we live, that'll be us, the working population of the UK.

I am not disparaging herd immunity as a concept and it may well prove a help in mitigating the path we are headed.

But you cannot presume on it or risk lives based on that presumption as statistics look very comforting when on your side but are irrelevant if 99.9% are unaffected and your child is the 0.1 who is.

Let's see in 3 weeks. If the massive rise in infection has only lead to a very moderate rise in people dying (which is what i suspect) then we are not seeing a second wave, we are seeing seasonal variation, same as flu etc. Anyway, I'm ducking out of this thread for a bit. There are a large number of people on here however who might want to consider applying for jobs at the university as they are clearly mathematical and medical titans and we'd love to have them working with us.
Cases in the autumn don't count because they are 'seasonal variation'
I'd love to know what clown thought up that wonderful bit of sophistry.

Same in large parts of England and Wales inc greater Manchester, has been for weeks
Large parts of England my arse.
The vast majority of England does not have that restriction.
They aren’t even the same.
In greater Manchester you can have a bubble in Scotland no one can visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.