Covid and travel discussion

How does this day 2 test stuff work from coming back from Tenerife do i buy it over there and test myself before coming home or take it with me.any advice is welcome
The day 2 test is for when you get home. You order before you go and get a code for your UK Passenger locator form. Then you do the test on or before day 2 after returning to Uk.

I just bought one from chronomics for £18.99 for travelling to Germany with work

Last edited:
The day 2 test is for when you get home. You order before you go and get a code for your UK Passenger locator form. Then you do the test on or before day 2 after returning to Uk.

I just bought one from chronomics for £18.99 for travelling to Germany with work
ah i see,,i didnt realise they were linked to the locator form,,,thanks mate

Mrs Moon just had a letter from the Novovax trial saying they'll pick up the cost of tests when we go away at the end of November, it's probably the least they could do but, still a bonus.

Have returned from a 4 day trip to Portugal and thought I'd share my experiences, perhaps it will help others in some way

So, we were reticent at going away while there were tests to go, tests to come back (PCR) and all the other bits, partly 'cos of cost and partly b'cos all that stuff didn't really say 'holidays!', especially 3 days. However you need to check your destination, as Portugal now has reciprocal agreement and accepts NHS vaccination certificate and has therefore removed the requirement for a test on entry. Also the gov here changed day 2 return test to lft from pcr about 10 days ago, reducing the cost from £50 a head to about £19 a head.

It still felt a bit faffy getting the covid vaccine certificate downloaded, doing the Portugal passenger locator, getting the test booked for return and then doing the UK passenger locator whilst on holiday (for which you need the code from the booked test), as well as dealing with Ryanair on steroids, who are covering their arse at every turn. BUT it was worth it, in the main the trip was admin light apart from pinch points, like the actual travel itself, but then budget airline travel hasn't always been plain sailing.

The test on return today was waiting, just a standard lft. Yep a con. It's just corruption. It made me feel uneasy that I'd willingly contributed to such blatant opportunism, but there we go. I sent them a photo of my test result.

Note; at no point in this trip, anywhere at all during travel or in Portugal, did I show anything but boarding pass and passport. I did see two spot checks at Lisbon airport returning to UK of people's locator form for UK. I never showed vaccine status or either plf at any point to anyone and nobody asked.

Portugal itself is great, extremely high mask adherence, public transport must be up at 99.9%. bars are a bit like here where it falls down a bit after midnight but it's all still great. With this comes the slightly strange rules like being on a boat tour with 4 others on the open sea sat 2m apart and having to wear one... But whatever, they've gone for blanket rules and the popn have embraced the vaccine and the mitigations wholly (practically) and still welcome people from the UK into their country to enjoy the atmosphere, weather and food/drink. It's to be admired really.

anyone know cheap places to have the rt pcr test before you fly ?
In tameside prefferably or manchester
I'm just trying to figour out how much its all going to cost us

anyone know cheap places to have the rt pcr test before you fly ?
In tameside prefferably or manchester
I'm just trying to figour out how much its all going to cost us

Not sure on any specific Manchester based companies but Boots do the RT-PCRs for £79 a pop.

If you can be arsed to go over to Liverpool, Biograd do in clinic PCR tests for £35 (or £55 if a nurse does it haha)

Not sure on any specific Manchester based companies but Boots do the RT-PCRs for £79 a pop.

If you can be arsed to go over to Liverpool, Biograd do in clinic PCR tests for £35 (or £55 if a nurse does it haha)
£79 quid
there will be 3 of us so £240
then the 1 night stay at a sha or aq hotel in thailand,chea.pest about 4,000 bhat ,about £80 each another £240.
so roughly £500 on top of the airfare
really wished I hadnt bothered booking the flights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.