Covid and travel discussion

This is the issue, people coming back not necessarily on here will be moaning like fuck....simple, I love a holiday abroad as much as the next person, try to fit 3 a year in normally but not this year.

The fact you'll be jittery both before & there about the hassle, changing 'traffic lights' and protocols negates the value of going.
There is a school of thought from a lot of sources that the govt will continue to make it hard to go away in order to meet the green agenda, Make of that what you will. Don't believe it myself but it's quite interesting to think about.
To me the industry is on it's knees and it needs rescuing asap, they are forgetting that people get on planes to visit relatives, some of whom they haven't seen for now nearly 2 years.
I have every sympathy with people in this forgotten sector.

Looking increasingly likely that the initial list of 'green' countries is going to be very compact indeed.
Malta, Iceland and Gibraltar all look very likely, with Portugal having a reasonable chance of making it too.

Major holiday hotspots like Spain, Greece etc will start off in Amber if reports are to be believed, and it will be a 2 week rolling review system for changes.

There is a group of MPs championing a longer ban on foreign travel, until August at the earliest, but they have also explicitly said to support the industry through this. I'd be all for this route being taken because selling holidays to Malta isn't gonna keep the industry afloat.

''The group says the government should provide “adequate financial support” to the travel industry. In the first three months of 2021, Heathrow airport lost £329m, more than £2,500 per minute.

‘Discourage’ foreign holidays all summer, MPs tell ministers | The Independent

Looking increasingly likely that the initial list of 'green' countries is going to be very compact indeed.
Malta, Iceland and Gibraltar all look very likely, with Portugal having a reasonable chance of making it too.

Major holiday hotspots like Spain, Greece etc will start off in Amber if reports are to be believed, and it will be a 2 week rolling review system for changes.

There is a group of MPs championing a longer ban on foreign travel, until August at the earliest, but they have also explicitly said to support the industry through this. I'd be all for this route being taken because selling holidays to Malta isn't gonna keep the industry afloat.

''The group says the government should provide “adequate financial support” to the travel industry. In the first three months of 2021, Heathrow airport lost £329m, more than £2,500 per minute.

‘Discourage’ foreign holidays all summer, MPs tell ministers | The Independentit

It really does beg the question then what's the point of the vaccine?
First it was flatten the curve. We did that
Then it was stay inside over Xmas. We did that
3 lockdowns. We did that

What more do they want us to do?

Have the gov released a methodology or at least indicators on how the travel list colours are determined? Do we know when the full list is out?

It really does beg the question then what's the point of the vaccine?
First it was flatten the curve. We did that
Then it was stay inside over Xmas. We did that
3 lockdowns. We did that

What more do they want us to do?
Stay at home forever , we’ll be safe there ....oh , & they’ll know where we are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.