Covid and travel discussion

I take these Statements with a pinch of salt
Each day a different " expert" says somet else
Two week's ago we weren't going to get vaccine passports last week that was on the cards
Turkey,Greece & others are willing to open their arms to us Brits
Bottom line is no one has a clue what is round the corner
What will be will be

Is the correct answer.

12th April is when we may get further guidance and clarification on international travel.

What is seemingly quite apparent is that a number of European countries are throwing admiring glances our way, and fluttering their tourism eyelashes.

What the government really needs to do, and I know the ever changing landscape and data doesn't make things easy, is we need to have some agreements in place with these countries that are very happy to accept us, whereby people can book and travel as confidently as possible without issues at either end.

Having the whole travel corridor charade again this summer will ruin the industry and destroy what little consumer confidence we cling onto.

The alternative is they outlaw non-essential travel for the summer or indeed the rest of the year...but if they do that they absolutely have to prop up the travel industry.

We've had no sector specific help throughout this, and if they deem travel unsafe for another summer then you can kiss goodbye to hundreds of companies and tens of thousands of jobs.

I'm very much 50/50 on whether 12th April will bring positive or negative news, but in some respects I don't care too much as long as we get some news and not the usual hot air bollocks from pricks like Shapps.

I take these Statements with a pinch of salt
Each day a different " expert" says somet else
Two week's ago we weren't going to get vaccine passports last week that was on the cards
Turkey,Greece & others are willing to open their arms to us Brits
Bottom line is no one has a clue what is round the corner
What will be will be
Exactly. Headline on sky “foreign holidays unlikely”. Read below the headline and its “foreign holidays unlikely... on may 17th when initial ban supposed to be lifted”.

Doesnt mean there wont be foreign hold in aug!

Is the correct answer.

12th April is when we may get further guidance and clarification on international travel.

What is seemingly quite apparent is that a number of European countries are throwing admiring glances our way, and fluttering their tourism eyelashes.

What the government really needs to do, and I know the ever changing landscape and data doesn't make things easy, is we need to have some agreements in place with these countries that are very happy to accept us, whereby people can book and travel as confidently as possible without issues at either end.

Having the whole travel corridor charade again this summer will ruin the industry and destroy what little consumer confidence we cling onto.

The alternative is they outlaw non-essential travel for the summer or indeed the rest of the year...but if they do that they absolutely have to prop up the travel industry.

We've had no sector specific help throughout this, and if they deem travel unsafe for another summer then you can kiss goodbye to hundreds of companies and tens of thousands of jobs.

I'm very much 50/50 on whether 12th April will bring positive or negative news, but in some respects I don't care too much as long as we get some news and not the usual hot air bollocks from pricks like Shapps.
Totally agree but the issue before too long will probably be big airlines potentially going bust and potentially no planes to take people away.
The whole industry has been on its knees for over a year.

Is the correct answer.

Essential they prop the industry up if they pull the plug.

if they do, I’m going to head to London for a week. Daughter never been and it would be nice to do the touristy stuff with her but at a slower pace. I reckon there will be some good hotel deals this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.