Covid: Personal views

Thnks mate. It's good to know there are others (that sounds bad but you know what I mean haha)...
Keep a check on your son's mental health...mine has been up and down. Sometimes even thoughts of wanting to end it all. I wont...i don't want to die, but the thoughts get in there. Often just a chat changes my way of thinking. It's hard to think positive at times.
Thanks mate. Your warning has been at the forefront of our thinking. Believe me.

You're right mate.Tested for it because Mrs. Dobber insisted,and,you know,anything to keep the peace!!
Anyway,had a couple of hours in bed and just put away a pork and mushroom vindalo which has had a more beneficial effect than paracetamol.I now intend to follow your advice and treat it with the contempt which it deserves.
Vindaloo I’d rather have Covid ;)

I was always cautious through the pandemic, as my younger daughter (7 at the time) has a weakened immune system. I was disappointed but not all that surprised at the number of people who acted however they wanted, not realising that they were putting the weak, whether old or young at risk. Now, it's hard to avoid totally. Schools don't have air conditioning and practically force kids in when sick in order to keep the attendance % high. It makes me sad, but what can you really do?

There is a question I always ask of the anti-vax, conspiracy theorists. If you truly believe the governments of the world are wanting to kill people off, to reduce the world population etc, what makes you think it would be those that are obedient, do as the Government wishes, follows recommendations and gets vaccinated, that they'd want rid of? Surely those are the type of people that they'd want to keep?

Pretty much squares with my situation that. I tested positive just before Christmas (for the 4th time) but my dad was in a care home at the time with severe COPD, heart failure, an enlarged prostate, and Asbestosis, and that's pretty much the only reason that I tested really. Anyway, I didn't go anywhere near the care home until I was clear of it - it was barely a sniffle for me but no way was I risking passing it on to anyone in there.

Fast forward tomorrow and it's my dad's funeral. One cousin who was planning on coming up for it from Sussex has tested positive this morning and is having to give it a miss as there will be plenty of elderly attendees with serious health issues (including her own mother who has dementia and COPD). It's the sensible thing to do IMO.

Sorry for your loss blue x

I was always cautious through the pandemic, as my younger daughter (7 at the time) has a weakened immune system. I was disappointed but not all that surprised at the number of people who acted however they wanted, not realising that they were putting the weak, whether old or young at risk. Now, it's hard to avoid totally. Schools don't have air conditioning and practically force kids in when sick in order to keep the attendance % high. It makes me sad, but what can you really do?

There is a question I always ask of the anti-vax, conspiracy theorists. If you truly believe the governments of the world are wanting to kill people off, to reduce the world population etc, what makes you think it would be those that are obedient, do as the Government wishes, follows recommendations and gets vaccinated, that they'd want rid of? Surely those are the type of people that they'd want to keep?

Don't go and spoil a good trip down the rabbit hole with logical thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.