Cowboys & indians

Admittedly missing Indians (or Native Americans as we should say these days) I'd recommend that timeless classic, Shane, starring Alan Ladd as the itinerant gunslinger trying to escape his past and Jack Palance as the ultimate cold-hearted villain. Any 10 year old viewer couldn't help but identify with the homesteaders' son who hero worships Shane, hired to fight an evil cattle baron and his henchmen intent on driving the family off their land. Exciting and poignant in equal measure, Shane is not only a classic Western but, in my view, one of the best movies ever made.

Even better dubbed in Welsh...

;)

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned The magnificent seven , surely one of the best.
I used to get cowboy stuff for Christmas , hat ,holster etc , I was the fastest draw in our street.

There is only one film you should show him.....
Soldier Blue.

The way the indigenous people were treated by the settlers was absolutely disgraceful.
Yes. My dad told me the truth, I was always cheering for the Indians. I loved Custers Last Stand. Happy days.

Cowboy/western films with native(s) in a predominant role.

Navajo Joe (1966)
Hombre (1967)
Little Big Man (1970)
A Man Called Horse (1970)
Ulzana's Raid (1972)
*Thunderheart (1992)
*Dead Man (1995)
Geronimo: An American Legend (1993)
Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (2007)
Hostiles (2017)

* Neo-westerns

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.