creative midfielder

masterwig said:
charliebigspuds said:
Disagree, We need a box to box driving force in midfield, someone who will drive the team forward and make runs that unsettle the opposition and create space for the other players to operate in, we are far too one paced and predictable.

Bang on the money.

When we had Johnson working well with Elano we looked a real threat from the middle of midfield. Before that we had Barton bursting forward. At the moment we have De Jong who is essentially a defender and Barry who lacks pace and drive. As a central two in a 4-4-2 they simply do not compliment each other.
that would break up the bellamy and winger(aj/swp) with tevez and ade formation as i don't think mancini would play all them and a box to box midfielder

MCFCinUSA said:
Antonio Cassano gets my vote; maybe more attacking and flashy - but exciting and skillful; masterful on the ball and how to utilise it in a pleasing way. Prodigal talent. Mancini knows him well and has spoken of him very favourably...
prefer sniejder

Mancini's system requires a box to box midfielder who can be creative. If you want pure creativity we have ireland for that...he can picka pass as well as anyone...but he cannt play the way mancini sets up his team in a straight 4-4-2....for that you need a player like gerrard at his peak who can be crerative but can also do the box to box role...which a player like ireland or elano cannt do.....

the only way ireland fits into the team at present is playing one upfront in a 4-5-1

eg

Given

Back 4

swp/jonno dejong barry/viera bellamy

ireand

striker

In a 4-4-2 you either have to rely on you wingers and strikers creating (which is what we are doing at present and isnt enough and is too easy to defend against for better teams) or you needa box to box midfielder (which we dont have)...alternatively you need attacking fullbacks.....bridge can do it (not as effectively as ashley cole or evra) but none of our right backs can

we dont have the players to play mancinis system at the moment....however in my opinion a manager should be able to play a number of different ways...ferguson can do it....if mancini has the players at his disposal can he...Im not so sure...i think he will just go rigid 4-4-2 whether he has the players or not (and at present he hasnt got the players to do it to be successful against good teams

Tricky_Trev said:
If i were in charge, i'd pay Spurs whatever they want for Modric. I wasn't sure whether he was capable of paying centrally in a 4-4-2, but he played there against Arsenal and Chelsea this past week, and was exceptional. He's so versatile, being able to play on the left, in central midfield, or in the hole without it affecting his performances. His technique is phenominal. Exactly what we need. Whether they would sell though is another matter.

Yes. He is the one that will bring out the best from his teammates! I doubt Harry will part with him but we sure can try with Mod.

tonea2003 said:
could do worse and get arteta from everton, prem proven and can pick a pass no problem. we have already proved if we throw enough dosh at them they will fold
He's really adept at poking peoples eyes out too, if he does that to Shrek he'd be fucked!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
tonea2003 said:
could do worse and get arteta from everton, prem proven and can pick a pass no problem. we have already proved if we throw enough dosh at them they will fold

Much as I would like Our Tata from EFC, think I couldn't stand the flak domestically. The dust is only just settling in our house after Joleoninho defected. WTF would happen on the touchline at our home game, and what kind of welcome would be get down Goodison if yer took the life and soul of their team. They'd declare WWIII!

I agree ....Arteta............upset Gollum again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.