Cricket Thread

County Championship starts tomorrow. Opening round sees current Champions Surrey up at Old Trafford (Dom Sibley back) for the Easter weekend. Top two last year and, strangely, that was the very same fixture that closed the season. No Roses game for some reason…

Good luck to all.
Good post. SupportingLancs is much mored important than "supporting" some Inidian franchise collection of mercevaries.
But I shan't go on Saturday, with the rags having a 12.30 kick-off. Car parks jammed, public transport infested with feral oafs.

Good post. SupportingLancs is much mored important than "supporting" some Inidian franchise collection of mercevaries.
But I shan't go on Saturday, with the rags having a 12.30 kick-off. Car parks jammed, public transport infested with feral oafs.
Probably a wise decision.

Should be interesting this year, with five points instead of eight for a draw. Last year, Surrey and Lancashire had five and six draws, respectively, while Hampshire came third but had the highest number of wins. The Kookaburra ball will also be used for a couple of rounds later in the summer, June-July. However, I‘m less convinced about the merits of that. None of the Test squad will be involved in the Championship at that time, so it’ll just be the County stalwarts and youngsters that are ‘given the experience. I suppose if it rekindles the dying dreams of touring Down Under for some seasoned pros, then there’s no harm done.

Yep - fully agree! Although I keep hearing about the IPL I am unable to summon up any enthusiam for it whatsoever - likewise for the Hundred.
Give me the red ball any day - four day cricket and the Ashes, that’s something to look forward too !

Hadn’t realised the rags were 12.30 ko Saturday - definitely not going down that day then !

starting a new thread as I cannot access the old one so hopefully all followers of the game will use this one from now on.
Can’t believe the CC starts today with Lancs up against Surrey !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.