Cricket Thread

I hope it doesn't end up like a lot of last season, early wickets with new ball then toil for a day, probably will.

Lancashire won the toss but rather let that slip today, having had Surrey at 77-4 but then closing on 340-7. Nice knock by Foakes to remind the selectors of his value, though I still think they‘ll go for Bairstow.

Lancashire won the toss but rather let that slip today, having had Surrey at 77-4 but then closing on 340-7. Nice knock by Foakes to remind the selectors of his value, though I still think they‘ll go for Bairstow.
Yep I agree - Jb is so hard to leave out of the team but the only spots appear to be opening bat or keeper? Pope root brook and stokes must play - not convinced re either opener but can’t see bairstow keep wicket then rush off to open the batting either…

Yep I agree - Jb is so hard to leave out of the team but the only spots appear to be opening bat or keeper? Pope root brook and stokes must play - not convinced re either opener but can’t see bairstow keep wicket then rush off to open the batting either…
Foakes is arguably the better keeper, but it will be terribly difficult to omit Bairstow given what he has achieved. Surrey could probably cope if Jamie Smith has to take the gloves again, as he is an accomplished keeper in his own right.

Lanky getting a pummeling.
Presumably not the score Jennings had in mind when he offered ‘after you’ to Rory. Good to see Steel get his ton. There’s a decent player in there, and if Pope and Foakes are away on Test duty, then having a little more stability in the middle will be welcome. Not sure Patel should be at 4 but I suppose England might want Pope to get more experience at 3.

Lancashire did well to get to lunch without losing a wicket, so they’ll be hoping they can navigate the tricky after-lunch spell, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.