******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so lame compared to a West Indies series, from the old days.

I was really hoping England might have a new, young, fast bowler on this trip but even if they did, it isn't the pitch for it.

I'm out there for the second Test. The West Indies' best chance is to produce lively pitches that reward pace, given they do have some (raw) fast bowlers. But they also want to ensure that the huge volumes of English visitors come over for a full five day Test. Hence slow and low. Piss poor cricket, but lots of money.

It’s a shame Oshane Thomas is only a reserve for the WI. I think he could be the next big thing for the West Indies.

I'm out there for the second Test. The West Indies' best chance is to produce lively pitches that reward pace, given they do have some (raw) fast bowlers. But they also want to ensure that the huge volumes of English visitors come over for a full five day Test. Hence slow and low. Piss poor cricket, but lots of money.

#fuckingjealous

I've never done an away test, but that would be the place for it, irrespective of quality.

Those fuckers at Sky etc have the absolute best job in the world; perpetual summertime/free stuff everywhere they go.

#fuckingjealous

I've never done an away test, but that would be the place for it, irrespective of quality.

Those fuckers at Sky etc have the absolute best job in the world; perpetual summertime/free stuff everywhere they go.

As you know, I have a blog I'm part of. We've worked out there are 35 UK journalists going out to cover this series. 35!!

To be fair, I am meeting up with several of them for drinkie-poos.

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to say that I don't see the excitement in English fans regarding their chances in this summer wc, best chance since 1992, wc teams eng put out were pretty average since then.

Eng
Pak
Ind
Nz

are my semi finalist

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to say that I don't see the excitement in English fans regarding their chances in this summer wc, best chance since 1992, wc teams eng put out were pretty average since then.

Eng
Pak
Ind
Nz

are my semi finalist

Well, there's a whole issue around the way the game has been behind a paywall for the last 13 years, and interest (and participation) has badly crashed. Cricket is now a minority pursuit - I doubt that many know it's even on.

As you know, I have a blog I'm part of. We've worked out there are 35 UK journalists going out to cover this series. 35!!

To be fair, I am meeting up with several of them for drinkie-poos.

Can't blame them tbh.

If you take ridiculous money earned out of the equation, it is probably better to be a famous ex cricketer or cricket writer than ex footballer.

You can travel around doing minimal work, in a never ending summer & wherever you go, people are actually pleased to see you & invite you to a party even if you scored 100s against them, (rather than wanting to punch you in the face for winning a pen etc) loads of former rivals go out on the piss together etc.

They are laughing at us, back here, in the snow.

Can't blame them tbh.

If you take ridiculous money earned out of the equation, it is probably better to be a famous ex cricketer or cricket writer than ex footballer.

You can travel around doing minimal work, in a never ending summer & wherever you go, people are actually pleased to see you & invite you to a party even if you scored 100s against them, (rather than wanting to punch you in the face for winning a pen etc) loads of former rivals go out on the piss together etc.

They are laughing at us, back here, in the snow.

Oh I don't blame them in the slightest! I would do just the same. It's not quite as much fun as people might think, chatting to Nick Hoult from the Telegraph (yeah, a mild name drop I suppose) he was talking about how for the last Ashes where he had to stay on for the ODIs he was travelling hotel to hotel from October to the end of February. That's not remotely enjoyable. And they don't get paid that well for it, unless they're a very big name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.