******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
TROTD you were quick off the mark.Nortje last man out 4(10).great series after a “sick start”

SA lower order unable to cope with Wood and Broad.
Well done England.
1st Test in disarray due to illness and injury. Thereafter, all England.
Not leaping up and down yet, but is a new team emerging?

great series win for root and england and the bonus of this tour was archer and burns anderson all missing most of it and now we have options, also pope looks a great find, maybe we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel with the ashes tour coming up in 2021/22 and we used the kookaburra ball and took 80 wickets in this series

i know its a good couple of years away but the ashes down under needs a fully proper built team and players tested like in this series, the work started on this tour and the next couple of tours in building up to the ashes, root needed a batting order to go with the bowling and Sibley and Crawley look great, add burns and root and pope and stokes then you get the feeling maybe we are setup ok

but i feel the best chance england have over there in australia is dependent on the bowling and we have a great bunch of fast, swing, and spin, to pick from and then stokes as a all rounder

i was very down beat about england after the new zealand tour but the future is looking ok, its now up to the ECB and root not to mess it up and don't burn out the bowlers, wrap archer and woods up in cotton wool because they are what england needed for a long time, fast bowling on the australia wickets and the kookaburra ball, you just can not go seam up and hope to swing them out

well played england and root

Don’t see how we can win this without one ;-)
We'll just have to wait till tomorrow.......oh.
Seriously, it worked out ok today, but partly due to feeble batting. Normally, I maintain that an all pace attack is giving yourself a handicap.
5 batters, 1wk, 1 allrounder, 3 pacemen, 1 spinner, Or 4 batters, 1wkt, 1allrounder, 4 pacemen, 1 spinner. Depends on conditions, the opposition, and allrounder's credentials. Easy to see the temptation, esp if batting unreliable to pick the 5th batter and leave out the spinner, but I think its a mistake. With Stokes in the side, we don't need a 4th paceman.

Don’t see how we can win this without one ;-)

leaving the main spinner out is a gamble ? but root and denly can turn their arms over enough to use part time spin, root is better than just a part time spinner and gets wickets, look we all moaned and wondered after the new zealand tour and losing the first test in south africa looked bad, but illness was a major part of losing and the whole camp went down, but to win the next 3 test and with some style was wonderful and to see some young/new players showing what they can do is what we all crying out for

Sibley Crawley pope all played their part and now add burns and root stokes butler/bairstow and you feel happy with that batting line up, then the bowling is also looking good archer wood curran and woakes and stokes and add the old guard broad and anderson and that is also looking good

South Africa strolling to victory in the first ODI. 185-1 off 33 overs, so 74 runs required off 17 overs, with 9 wickets in hand. De Kock just reached his century off 106 balls.

De Kock gone for 197,bowled by Root (sorry, "ROOOOOOOT"). Pity it didn't happen 100 runs ago. 198-2, needing 259 with 14 overs left to get the 61 runs.

We have been shite Jim. Looked absolutely toothless.

Is this the usual not giving a toss after winning the test series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.