******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
waspish said:
have to say I thought at one point England would lose this game when Bell went yesterday.. This team has some character and looks good for the ashes if we play like that especially with the fight and Hunger from this team...

I said the same earlier, thought we were toast when Bell went, credit where its due, Cook did well yesterday and today.

Ballance got fuck all in this test, get KP in ;-p

I'd still love KP in this side but it's never going to happen now this team has moved on with players stepping up to the plate..

Hurrah!

God Save The Queen!

Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George and Twiggy!

The Aussies won't like the look of this. They'll be twitching like Harry Rednapp on speed.

waspish said:
waspish said:
have to say I thought at one point England would lose this game when Bell went yesterday.. This team has some character and looks good for the ashes if we play like that especially with the fight and Hunger from this team...

I said the same earlier, thought we were toast when Bell went, credit where its due, Cook did well yesterday and today.

I'd still love KP in this side but it's never going to happen now this team has moved on with players stepping up to the plate..

I know that's tongue in cheek but there are still some batting issues. Opener, Ballance may just be found out by International class bowlers and Ian Bell's form. With Ballance he's gonna need some work for when he's playing against fast, full length bowlers like the Aussies will provide. I actually rate him really highly and I would change Bell to 3, Root 4 and Ballance 5. I think that will be a better position for Ballance's weaknesses to be hidden.

This is not a KP in post. You could argue that if any of those positions do need changing you could promote Ali up the order and play a spinner. Ali could even open though that wouldn't be easy. I also think James Taylor and especially my old favourite Johnny Barstow should be in ahead of KP anyway.

in the words of the great Frazer from dads army (I never doubted you for a minute) captain cook

hahahhahahahaha

ancoats said:
in the words of the great Frazer from dads army (I never doubted you for a minute) captain cook

hahahhahahahaha

We're doomed. Doomed I'm telling you.

Since the anti-baseball faction in the US has turned me off to the sport, I have cottoned on to cricket. A Pakistani friend introduced me to it and I watched the complete ESPN Legends of Cricket series and World Cup. Would love to go to a test match but there are only three grounds in the US and those are on the East Coast. Will have to work one in on a future trip.

chabal said:
ancoats said:

hahahhahahahaha

hahahahhahaha

I still don't know how England won and kiwis scored over 500 in the first innings its a puzzle
England did bowl very well in both innings but if you look at it 500 in the first innings is a very good score and you can say England must have bowl crap ??????????

I will still look at the captain and the ECB and say things like no first class spinner the opening batting is not right and the bat order from 3 to 6 needs sorting out but you win and it does cover over the cracks for now but it will come back to haunt England in the ashes if its not sorted

ancoats said:
chabal said:
ancoats said:

hahahhahahahaha

hahahahhahaha

I still don't know how England won and kiwis scored over 500 in the first innings its a puzzle
England did bowl very well in both innings but if you look at it 500 in the first innings is a very good score and you can say England must have bowl crap ??????????

I will still look at the captain and the ECB and say things like no first class spinner the opening batting is not right and the bat order from 3 to 6 needs sorting out but you win and it does cover over the cracks for now but it will come back to haunt England in the ashes if its not sorted

think the reason we won and had the time was Stokes 100 in no time and England getting bowled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.