******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
With runs not being an issue O would of liked our bowlers to bowl straight and full more to many short balls for my liking also Root could of played Malan a lot earlier plus changing the bowing after every 1 or 2 overs

England bowling too short is standard practice in recent years!

With runs not being an issue O would of liked our bowlers to bowl straight and full more to many short balls for my liking also Root could of played Malan a lot earlier plus changing the bowing after every 1 or 2 overs
I agree with the short bowling. Way too much of it. Maybe in hindsight an earlier declaration giving them a chance of victory might have made them play more shots.

Fair play to the Kiwis, though.

What’s this 2 test matches classed as a proper series utter bollocks 3 tests should be the minimum

They have 2 test series and then say ppl are loosing their interest. Money is destroying cricket. Minimum 3 test match series and each team to play minimum 10 matches an year. For a long time its only been eng india aus and s africa playing more than 10 whereas others 7 or 8 at best

They have 2 test series and then say ppl are loosing their interest. Money is destroying cricket. Minimum 3 test match series and each team to play minimum 10 matches an year. For a long time its only been eng india aus and s africa playing more than 10 whereas others 7 or 8 at best

Thought we going to have like a World Cup of test match cricket everyone playing every test team in a 3 test series? Problem is that money will talk and the ashes the Indian and South Africa will want more than 3 test matches!

It needs revamping or test match cricket in 20 year be dead

its same old story too little to late and root is a poor captain and england are poor team

its nothing to do with anything on the last day of the test starting to late or england should have bowled better lines and lengths its that the whole teams is shocking and not a team. the batting line up is all over the place and the bowling line up is so out of date we are asking broad and anderson to keep digging us out when the truth is they are finished. you don't win a test on the last day without the hard work of the other 4 days and the 2 innings both teams get. its a team sport and it should be all pulling in the same direction but this england line up is built on 2 bowlers and one opening batter that's its

broad anderson and cook if they don't put runs on the board and take wickets in a test match england lose. all 3 of them have to turn up and do there work and if 2 out of 3 only turn up england lose its that simple. forget england had a chance in the last day it was never going to happen we don't have the fire power to bowl a team out anymore

for me it should be the last test cook anderson and broad play they are finished and will not tour next year anyway so we need to build this summer and bring in a new squad and work from there. even if we lose in the summer tests its not really important we need change and NOW the ECB will stick with root and stokes as captain and vice. but the rest of the team places are up for grabs and it must be setup right with balance in all departments and a full time spinner or 2 hahaha that's never going to happen but i would like to see bowlers running in with speed and getting up to 90mph and with bounce that is a must for me ok we can keep 2 swing bowlers but the option to change should be in the team

but you know just like me the same old shit will rock up in may and start the first test of the summer and the ECB and its members sat at lords drinking pimms in the pavilion

Nahh Broad and Anderson aren’t done yet agree about Root not a good captain! What options do we have for a captain though?

Excellent resilience from New Zealand.

I think I read somewhere that England are now winless in 13 test matches away from home.
You're correct my friend, I'm fairly sure it's also the longest we've ever gone without winning an away match. That's pretty remarkable too considering the shite teams we had back in the day. What a fuckin state we are in atm.

Nahh Broad and Anderson aren’t done yet agree about Root not a good captain! What options do we have for a captain though?

Cook, Bairstow, Stokes, Broad and Anderson are the other senior players in the side. But one would think Stokes’s past misdemeanours would be held against him, and Cook, Anderson and possibly even Broad could all be coming to the end of their England careers.

Whilst he has quite a few technical flaws, I’m surprised Morgan hasn’t been given more chances in the test team.

The next Ashes series could be very low in quality.

Cook, Bairstow, Stokes, Broad and Anderson are the other senior players in the side. But one would think Stokes’s past misdemeanours would be held against him, and Cook, Anderson and possibly even Broad could all be coming to the end of their England careers.

Whilst he has quite a few technical flaws, I’m surprised Morgan hasn’t been given more chances in the test team.

The next Ashes series could be very low in quality.

Agree about Morgan but does he want to play test match cricket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.