******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaughan and Boycott will have a good snipe at Bayliss before that happens. Seems illogical that the coach can be held to blame for the decline of the Test team and yet be lauded for the rise of the one-day team.

I consider Root to be England’s best batsman since KP but his captaincy record must be abysmal.

There’s only about 5 players right now who should be guaranteed starters if fit. And Cook isn’t one of them...

I consider Root to be England’s best batsman since KP but his captaincy record must be abysmal.

There’s only about 5 players right now who should be guaranteed starters if fit. And Cook isn’t one of them...

I think 5 is positive. :-)

By the way, 6 of the team that played in this Test (Cook, Root, Bairstow, Butler, Stokes, and Broad) played in the now controversial Chennai Test. If there is evidence of spot fixing involving 3 English players in India, then it better be from the other 5. :-o

I think 5 is positive. :-)

By the way, 6 of the team that played in this Test (Cook, Root, Bairstow, Butler, Stokes, and Broad) played in the now controversial Chennai Test. If there is evidence of spot fixing involving 3 English players in India, then it better be from the other 5. :-o

I’m not sure of the test you are alluding to but Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Anderson and Broad were the five who came to mind.

I personally believe Stoneman, Malan and Wood should all be dropped. But there’s not exactly a wealth of talent in the county game right now.

He may be short of practice in the longer formats but I would be interested to see how Morgan would fare as test captain. He’s certainly done well in the limited over formats.

I’m not sure of the test you are alluding to but Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Anderson and Broad were the five who came to mind.

I personally believe Stoneman, Malan and Wood should all be dropped. But there’s not exactly a wealth of talent in the county game right now.

He may be short of practice in the longer formats but I would be interested to see how Morgan would fare as test captain. He’s certainly done well in the limited over formats.

Doubt they'll make too many changes for Headingley. Stoneman might be sacrificed, but they'll probably persist with much the same squad and then make changes for India. Can see them still being 100+ for 5, then. :-(

The established players have it to easy and money wise the majority of them a loaded! So it comes down to hard work and the probably thinking with so much cricket there is another game around the corner I’ll get the runs then or 1 or 2 players step up and get us a win while others do naff all!

Root needs to go seems a soft touch and on field captaincy been appalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.