Cricket Thread

Not a bad debut for Atkinson, eh?
Match figures of 26 - 7 - 106 - 12

Granted, he won't be playing the Windies every week. They were pretty awful. To be bowled out twice in less than 100 overs, even in conditions friendly to the opposition, is pretty inept. And I remember a time in the 70s and 80s when they were a frightening bunch to play against.
What a team they were back then, this lot look like the under 12's in comparison.

That bunch of fast bowlers back in that era; Marshall, Roberts, Holding, Garner, Patterson, Ambrose, Walsh. You deserved a VC for simply going out to face them.
Colin Croft as well, even the back up bowler's were a handful, Wayne Daniel, Sylvester Clark etc.

The batting wasn't bad either Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Kalicharan and Clive Lloyd was some top 5.

Forgot about Croft, to be honest. Re the batters, I was focusing on the bowlers.

But the batters weren't too shabby, either!
Worked with a bloke just after I'd left school who played club cricket, he faced Patrick Patterson who was a professional in the league, said it was scary facing him, and that he'd booked his holidays to coincide with the return fixture lol. This was the season before Patterson was signed by Lancs I think.

Worked with a bloke just after I'd left school who played club cricket, he faced Patrick Patterson who was a professional in the league, said it was scary facing him, and that he'd booked his holidays to coincide with the return fixture lol. This was the season before Patterson was signed by Lancs I think.
He played in the CLL. I want to say he was at either Milnrow or Radcliffe, but the amount of time since I played in it around then is now substantial

Can we judge this test vs West Indies, Atkinson's 12 wickets and Smith's runs and wicket-keeping
Yes, You can only beat what's in front of you, But with little pressure coming back at us it's hard to judge England's performance, Also it was Jimmy's final test and he took wickets so it felt like a charity match.

Jimmy Anderson's Record will never be beaten, The Way Test Cricket is going He may be the last of the great bowlers to bowl and take 700 wickets

The sponsors, broadcsters, club etc must be pretty despondent with these effectively 2 day test matches. It's not just the Windies it is happening an awful lot these days. Time for 4 day tests or a change in the mindset of these batsmen who just can't seem to build am innings patiently in a test these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.