Cricket Thread

He played in the CLL. I want to say he was at either Milnrow or Radcliffe, but the amount of time since I played in it around then is now substantial
He disappeared without a trace after falling out with the West Indies cricketing board, but was discovered a few years back by an Indian journalist. Apparently he can't account for much of what happened himself.

The seventies and eighties were crazy for local cricket (Lancs League for me rather than the Central) and I saw many world legends pass through. Rishton managed to get Michael Holding and Viv Richards as their pros (different years of course), just fantastic to watch them close up.

The sponsors, broadcsters, club etc must be pretty despondent with these effectively 2 day test matches. It's not just the Windies it is happening an awful lot these days. Time for 4 day tests or a change in the mindset of these batsmen who just can't seem to build am innings patiently in a test these days.
Seem to think they’re playing in one day or T20 games

The sponsors, broadcsters, club etc must be pretty despondent with these effectively 2 day test matches. It's not just the Windies it is happening an awful lot these days. Time for 4 day tests or a change in the mindset of these batsmen who just can't seem to build am innings patiently in a test these days.

They will just put up the ticket prices more for the first 2/3 days! Also they'll be told to make the pitch flat and make it more boring to watch!

They will just put up the ticket prices more for the first 2/3 days! Also they'll be told to make the pitch flat and make it more boring to watch!
They produced flat as a pancake pitches in India because they hated losing. Result: nobody went to test matches. They have reversed policy now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.