Cricket Thread

The key has to be to avoid the follow on. Which even this very limited Windies side ought to be able to do. 217 is not a lot of runs to get. If they don't manage it, and do have to follow on, the game could be nearly done come tea time on saturday.

Which would not be good for the ECB, or the game in general, as everyone's said. I can't watch the games live, but in the roundups on Youtube I hate seeing vast swathes of seats completely empty. if the five/four day format goes down the plug hole, I'm out of following cricket. It's as simple as that. When I used to attend tests at the Oval or Lords or Old Trafford in the sixties and seventies, the stands were packed to the rafters when we were playing this lot. And not infrequently, there'd be a steel band playing somewhere in the ground, especially for the London matches. The best crowd banter, back and forth between black and white, was always at the West Indies matches, too. Humorous needle, never overstepping the mark.
That said, West Indies are a work in progress, it seems to me. Everybody knows that playing the Aussies or India (or South Africa) will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

Which would not be good for the ECB, or the game in general, as everyone's said. I can't watch the games live, but in the roundups on Youtube I hate seeing vast swathes of seats completely empty. if the five/four day format goes down the plug hole, I'm out of following cricket. It's as simple as that. When I used to attend tests at the Oval or Lords or Old Trafford in the sixties and seventies, the stands were packed to the rafters when we were playing this lot. And not infrequently, there'd be a steel band playing somewhere in the ground, especially for the London matches. The best crowd banter, back and forth between black and white, was always at the West Indies matches, too. Humorous needle, never overstepping the mark.
That said, West Indies are a work in progress, it seems to me. Everybody knows that playing the Aussies or India (or South Africa) will be a different kettle of fish entirely.
Good to see the Windies making a bit more of a contest so far today. One sided tests are no use to anyone, and would only hasten the possible demise of the five day game. Which would be a crime.

Good to see the Windies making a bit more of a contest so far today. One sided tests are no use to anyone, and would only hasten the possible demise of the five day game. Which would be a crime.
Think you spoke to soon. Since drinks been giving wickets away. Such a shame wanted to see a good contest

Stokes loving the fact he’s captain and doesn’t have to make himself bowl.

Nothing happening with the ball or pitch and it’s too hot for a daywalker to bowl!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.