Cricket Thread

Well...

The game last week Norhants chased over 200 in a T20. So fag packet maths to me says...

200/20 = 10 runs an over.
10 x 16.4 (100 balls) = 164.
Add 10 runs for being able to attack harder with less overs = 174.
And add between 5-10 runs for having better quality and deeper batting lineups. So I would say something between 179 and 184 on the same pitch.
Your maths are impeccable (at least compared to mine), and it's hard to argue against the logic. But..... that just seems on the high side to me.

Your maths are impeccable (at least compared to mine), and it's hard to argue against the logic. But..... that just seems on the high side to me.

Yeah looking at the scores in previous Hundred tournaments it is...

But then it's hard to compare pitches from year to year.

You'd think 140 would be absolute minimum as that's only 8.5 runs an over.

Just seen their score (I don't watch that shitshow of a competition). 86? Off 100 balls? That must be one of the lowest totals in the history of the Hundred. I know pitches vary, bowlers can have good days and bad days, ditto batsmen but what would be classed as an okay score off 100 balls; 120 - 140?
150 I think, but the first three matches have been utter shite with crap first innings scores. Hope this tournament dies this year

Whatever is reported it’ll be inflated….plenty of empty seats and I bet there were plenty of freebies about
I'm thinking more TV viewing figures mate, they are throwing quite a bit of money at a 2nd rate competition. It wouldn't surprise me if the viewing figures for the blast were comparable as well. We don't have a long enough Summer in England to waste a month of it with this trash.

I'm thinking more TV viewing figures mate, they are throwing quite a bit of money at a 2nd rate competition. It wouldn't surprise me if the viewing figures for the blast were comparable as well. We don't have a long enough Summer in England to waste a month of it with this trash.
Also meant tv viewing figures, it’s in their interest to report high viewing figures to justify the vast amount of money invested

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.