Cricket Thread

Yes, it was all about one superb innings and one run out/quality bit of fielding. Thing is, Durham had a number of good knocks though. I thought some of our bowling was wayward and ‘uneven’ - and that’s being kind.
Not been convinced by Aspinwall nor Blathereick so far from what I’ve seen.

We’re a bit one paced too.

Did the originals actually get a pick of players, or were they left with all the dregs that nobody else wanted. Absolutely piss poor line up

Did the originals actually get a pick of players, or were they left with all the dregs that nobody else wanted. Absolutely piss poor line up
Just seen their score (I don't watch that shitshow of a competition). 86? Off 100 balls? That must be one of the lowest totals in the history of the Hundred. I know pitches vary, bowlers can have good days and bad days, ditto batsmen but what would be classed as an okay score off 100 balls; 120 - 140?

It looks arguably worse than both the teams fielded in last week's T20 Blast game between Lancashire and Northants... Which shouldn't really happen in a franchise league.

Salt and Hartley on the losing side both times and Willey playing a winning hand in both games.

Just seen their score (I don't watch that shitshow of a competition). 86? Off 100 balls? That must be one of the lowest totals in the history of the Hundred. I know pitches vary, bowlers can have good days and bad days, ditto batsmen but what would be classed as an okay score off 100 balls; 120 - 140?

Well...

The game last week Norhants chased over 200 in a T20. So fag packet maths to me says...

200/20 = 10 runs an over.
10 x 16.4 (100 balls) = 164.
Add 10 runs for being able to attack harder with less overs = 174.
And add between 5-10 runs for having better quality and deeper batting lineups. So I would say something between 179 and 184 on the same pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.