Cricket Thread

Just seen their score (I don't watch that shitshow of a competition). 86? Off 100 balls? That must be one of the lowest totals in the history of the Hundred. I know pitches vary, bowlers can have good days and bad days, ditto batsmen but what would be classed as an okay score off 100 balls; 120 - 140?
Think they said it was the third lowest

My Yorkshire supporting Sheffield United mate rates Queen's Park the best cricket venue in the country.
Hmm, thanks for the tip; I’ll add it to the list.
Just had a look and they’ve played 2 games there this season, both vs Yorkshire, a 20/20 and a 4 day game. No more this season though.

Just seen picture on twitter eng v wi I thought Friday test match start ill check bbc sport cricket page yep only small subtext about test match the rest that hundred game they can't sell
Very poor

Just seen picture on twitter eng v wi I thought Friday test match start ill check bbc sport cricket page yep only small subtext about test match the rest that hundred game they can't sell
Very poor

I get why they looked to do the Hundred. They wanted to create more of a brand and buzz and revenue stream from shorter format cricket in this country. Attract big names and market it in a new way. But ultimately they've created something that might be attractive to new cricket audiences but loses the hardcore purists who potentially would have watched it if they'd at least have stuck to 6 balls in an over!

Still unsure why they’ve retired Anderson to take a closer look at Wood and Woakes.

Surely, having won the series, this game was the one to blood some new bowlers.

Still unsure why they’ve retired Anderson to take a closer look at Wood and Woakes.

Surely, having won the series, this game was the one to blood some new bowlers.

I don't get that approach at all. I feel like after all Jimmy has done it would have been lovely for him to get a final home series rather than one test, especially being so close to Warne's wicket haul. Wood, if fit, goes to Australia simply because of his pace. But Woakes surely doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.