Cricket Thread

What we doing have a look at the ball for 10mins at least 2-0 up seems the batters don't give a toss oh they'll never get dropped for being dicks

Nobody now in test cricket values their wicket, Bazball is, well if I don't score a ton then somebody else will.
I know it is old school and a bit of Geoffrey Boycott, But your first task is to still be there at Stumps.

20/20 cricket is killing the game and the technique and skill of batsman, Its Swing from the hips cricket.
My thoughts on 20/20 cricket and the Hundred is a totally different sport even just (Entertainment)

I'm glad you've come out and said this. I hesitated to, for fear of being branded simply simply a miserable old sod. For a couple of years I didn't even know what the Hundred was. I simply ignored it. Then, when I looked into it, I could hardly believe that anybody could take an interest in it who was brought up on three and five day cricket (and let it be said, incidentally, that I I was truly abysmal cricketer at school, so my purism is nothing to do with that).
Nothing is more satisfying to me than to sit through a day and watch a batsman patiently build the foundation of a serious innings, maybe letting rip later on when the shine is off the new ball (and the shine is also off tiring bowlers, when their line and length start to get erratic). Maybe getting a bit of luck, too. A dubious call on an lbw shout (in the days before they could send it upstairs), a ball dropped in the slips. All part of an innings with architecture to it. It is deeply satisfying.
I have almost no interest in T20 cricket, whether World Cup or otherwise. I will admit that as a lad I quite enjoyed the fifty-over form, without ever taking it anything like as seriously as the full test match form. It helped that at the time Lancashire were one of the premier fifty-over sides. It was a pleasant Sunday out. Train, sandwiches, back in the evening.

Edit: by the way, @ancoats, what happened to all your question marks at the end of declarative sentences? You invented something interesting, there. A grammatical curve ball, in a manner of speaking.

I'm glad you've come out and said this. I hesitated to, for fear of being branded simply simply a miserable old sod. For a couple of years I didn't even know what the Hundred was. I simply ignored it. Then, when I looked into it, I could hardly believe that anybody could take an interest in it who was brought up on three and five day cricket (and let it be said, incidentally, that I I was truly abysmal cricketer at school, so my purism is nothing to do with that).
Nothing is more satisfying to me than to sit through a day and watch a batsman patiently build the foundation of a serious innings, maybe letting rip later on when the shine is off the new ball (and the shine is also off tiring bowlers, when their line and length start to get erratic). Maybe getting a bit of luck, too. A dubious call on an lbw shout (in the days before they could send it upstairs), a ball dropped in the slips. All part of an innings with architecture to it. It is deeply satisfying.
I have almost no interest in T20 cricket, whether World Cup or otherwise. I will admit that as a lad I quite enjoyed the fifty-over form, without ever taking it anything like as seriously as the full test match form. It helped that at the time Lancashire were one of the premier fifty-over sides. It was a pleasant Sunday out. Train, sandwiches, back in the evening.

Edit: by the way, @ancoats, what happened to all your question marks at the end of declarative sentences? You invented something interesting, there. A grammatical curve ball, in a manner of speaking.

Hahaha My bad Gramer and ? I use Grammarly Correction software now

Dyslexia sadly, But I don't get offended by the PC brigade, It's bloody hard sometimes, but you have to walk away and have a break, In a way when people correct me it helps you learn something, But for the bullies, Well if it makes them feel better am fine with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.