Cricket Thread

This is weird, this. Not the first time it's happened, either. We don't seem to have much of an opening partnership. Put it this way, it's pretty hit and miss (when one hits, the other misses, and sometimes both miss). But we've got a tail that really wags.

This is weird, this. Not the first time it's happened, either. We don't seem to have much of an opening partnership. Put it this way, it's pretty hit and miss (when one hits, the other misses, and sometimes both miss). But we've got a tail that really wags.
Seems to be when the top order fails, the rest of the team revert to batting sensibly and it often resurrects the innings.

Who knew that shot selection and a good technique were crucial in test cricket!

Seems to be when the top order fails, the rest of the team revert to batting sensibly and it often resurrects the innings.

Who knew that shot selection and a good technique were crucial in test cricket!

Yes, that's plausible. They seem to say “Right, let's get a grip of this match”. Be nice if Messrs Crawley and Duckett did it right from the start, though, wouldn't it? I mean, I thought that was what a top order was for…

Cracking recovery from the engine room and lower order lads, Smith looks pretty handy and his keeping I’d better than Bairstow’s
Agreed. From 54/5 to 318/7, in just under 54 overs. Both Smith and Woakes with strike rates over 80 (Smith nearer to 90).That's nearly 5 rpo. Even the modern day @ancoats must be impressed.

;-)

Yes, that's plausible. They seem to say “Right, let's get a grip of this match”. Be nice if Messrs Crawley and Duckett did it right from the start, though, wouldn't it? I mean, I thought that was what a top order was for…
Even if they put a partnership together, you never think they’re ever fully in and can give their wickets away at any point. Modern day James Vinces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.