Cricket Thread

Sadly it is unfixable (Test Cricket) You are Spot on about how society has changed, We live in a technical world where one click of a button you find what you're looking for in an instant, There is so much going on in the world of sports and you jump from one thing to another and your mind is soaking it up

People want instant sports and finishes and move on to something else, Kids and youth today don't turn off until they drop, Society has changed and Overloaded the brain with quick fixes, I went out for the day last week Playing Golf and on buses and trams young mothers and their Kids on iPhones and Tablets, One Woman and a buggy and a 2 year if that on a tablet with headphones on,

Look us Old farts are just like what we were when we were Kids, We never understood the older generation's lifestyle of Pipe and Slippers sitting in the armchair listening to the radio

And here's me sat in me armchair, listening to the radio. Er… wireless, rather.

Oh I do accept it. Indeed I sat through excruciatingly boring tests which could have turned me right off the game. One, I shall never forget, because it was Ken Barrington against Pakistan, at Trent Bridge. Barrington took what seemed to be several thousand years to get his fifty. Aeons went by. The crowd was comatose. The most exciting thing going on was the increasingly sarcastic banter being called out by the Nottingham faithful to what was (not) happening out in the centre.
But my point is that any form of cricket can be boring in different ways. The little that I've watched it, I actually find T20 incredibly boring. Yes, there is “busyness”. Oceans of “busyness”. But, for me, it is “full of sound and fury, signifying… nothing”. And that merely bores me.
I know. I'm alone in that.
You can accuse T20 of many things. Ruining the technique of batsmen, of being manufactured, of being style over substance etc etc. None of which I'd disagree with. Not sure many would call it boring, though. Watching Boycott and Tavare in their "pomp"; now, THAT was boring. Your clothes would go into and out of fashion several times while they were at the crease.

You can accuse T20 of many things. Ruining the technique of batsmen, of being manufactured, of being style over substance etc etc. None of which I'd disagree with. Not sure many would call it boring, though. Watching Boycott and Tavare in their "pomp"; now, THAT was boring. Your clothes would go into and out of fashion several times while they were at the crease.

But is it a Sport or just entertainment,
Watching Boycott and Tavare in their "pomp"; now, THAT was boring, But you loved watching the bowlers trying everything to get them out, (2 sides to a story)

Boring? Not long ago during the lulls in a baseball game I tried to explain (to an American) the story of the famous "Timeless Test" between England and S. Africa in the 1930s, lasted 10 days and ended in a draw when England had to catch a boat home. He didn't think much of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.