Cricket Thread

Sounded like an incredible act of defensive bowling in tonight's Hundred game by a potential future England player.

The opposition only needed 10 off the last 10 balls and he (Dan Mosley) absolutely bamboozled them. Apparently there was a 70mph ball... He's a spinner! I haven't seen that since Shahid Afridi.

I haven't seen the video yet but the text commentary itself is quite exciting on its own.

Sounded like an incredible act of defensive bowling in tonight's Hundred game by a potential future England player.

The opposition only needed 10 off the last 10 balls and he (Dan Mosley) absolutely bamboozled them. Apparently there was a 70mph ball... He's a spinner! I haven't seen that since Shahid Afridi.

I haven't seen the video yet but the text commentary itself is quite exciting on its own.

I switched over for the end and he was impressive. 75mph ball in there off 3 step run up!

Just got the last 20 minutes of it. The Rockets royally shit the bed. They needed 10 off the last 10 ball, with five wickets in hand. I don't care if it was Shane Warne bowling, sending down Gatting-type deliveries; you shouldn't be not winning from that position. The Rockets channeling their inner Manchester Originals out there.

Yesterday was the 68th anniversary of Jim Laker's remarkable feat of taking all ten wickets in an innings of a test match. His figures were 10 for 53

It was the first time it happened, and has only been achieved twice since, but Anil Kumble of India and New Zealander Ajaz Patel.

It occurred at the real Old Trafford, against Australia, and he’d taken nine wickets in the first innings, giving him match figures of 19-90, still a world record.

His Surrey teammate, Tony Lock, took the other wicket.

I remember my Dad telling me about it on more than one occasion. I think he was quite awed by it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.