Cricket Thread

Where's the common sense in coming off after 88 overs? The light isn't an issue. The time? What; 7 or 8 minutes to bowl the final two overs of the scheduled 90? Come on. I can't imagine tickets at Lord's are particularly cheap. Yet it's the paying punters who are getting short changed. If 90 overs are scheduled, and overhead conditions allow, play the 90 overs.

That Root fellah is promising, but he’ll need to drop that reverse ramp shot; it’s just not cricket. Play the square cut, young man.

He's up there with the very best batsmen that England have ever had. Even Victor Meldrew, aka @ancoats, would agree with that. Just a crying shame where he hails from. Root, that is!

I never doubted him as a batsman never, But he was so poor as a captain and the results towards the end was his downfall, Some are not made for the role of captain of england and Root is one of them, Maybe picked too early into his career and the pressure was to much

I never doubted him as a batsman never, But he was so poor as a captain and the results towards the end was his downfall, Some are not made for the role of captain of england and Root is one of them, Maybe picked too early into his career and the pressure was to much
I don’t think he succumbed to pressure, he was just far too negative. Maybe the results got to him in the end. Not captain material in my book. But but but…a magnificent batsman. Some of his shots today were just beautiful…those cover drives, oh!

I don’t think he succumbed to pressure, he was just far too negative. Maybe the results got to him in the end. Not captain material in my book. But but but…a magnificent batsman. Some of his shots today were just beautiful…those cover drives, oh!
Was he any more negative than Alistair Cook?

Just think he had worse players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.