Cricket Thread

Swales out!!!
Gutted , watch on YouTube from the start of season as usual from Channel Islands, or Tenerife, or where ever I am … what the fuk for … i was was lucky enough to always to be at Lanks in the 70, 80 90 s Etc . Played on the ground twice as a school kid , our Steve great Spinner for us …. Fuking embarrassment, more interested in Concerts and Hotels , feel like Lancashire Spirit has been completely ripped away from us … shame on you ..

Let’s start at the top……worse management than the rags
The committee are more focused on making as much money as possible rather than the cricketing side.

Lancs are the second richest cricket club in England after Surrey with assets of just under £60M and made a profit of £6M last year.

This is due to the ground being given special test status, the hotel, gigs and corporate events. The club have a £30M outstanding loan due to the redevelopment of Old Trafford yet the club are still in the black.Even getting relegated to division 2 won't affect the club that much.

Playing wise this season has been a disaster. Dale Benkenstein has been really poor as first team coach and the overseas players have been shit. I believe there's a really good crop of youngsters coming though starting with Rocky Flintoff but that's really not going to help the first team now.

It's going to be a really rough next couple of years playing wise but the committee don't care as the club is making money.

I agree a shake up is needed but I doubt that'll happen

I'm assuming the chances in the ballot for England v India at OT next year won't be great. Is it worth investing in the membership for priority at £35?

Last edited:
There is an argument for bringing in a top quality Director of Cricket. Give him a budget and agreed performance targets and let him get on with it. Chilton has done nowt as far as I can see. The loss of Chapple was a disaster imho.

The committee are more focused on making as much money as possible rather than the cricketing side.

Lancs are the second richest cricket club in England after Surrey with assets of just under £60M and made a profit of £6M last year.

This is due to the ground being given special test status, the hotel, gigs and corporate events. The club have a £30M outstanding loan due to the redevelopment of Old Trafford yet the club are still in the black.Even getting relegated to division 2 won't affect the club that much.

Playing wise this season has been a disaster. Dale Benkenstein has been really poor as first team coach and the overseas players have been shit. I believe there's a really good crop of youngsters coming though starting with Rocky Flintoff but that's really not going to help the first team now.

It's going to be a really rough next couple of years playing wise but the committee don't care as the club is making money.

I agree a shake up is needed but I doubt that'll happen
Lancs are also due a windfall from the 49% sale of the hundred teams, plus will own 51% of the originals which they can either keep or sell on, probably for a huge sum.

It's time they invested decent money into the playing staff, if you look at the Surrey squad it's on a completely different level to Lancs. And some of the overseas players who've turned out for Lancs this season would struggle getting a job as a league pro. It all screams penny pinching.

Gutted , watch on YouTube from the start of season as usual from Channel Islands, or Tenerife, or where ever I am … what the fuk for … i was was lucky enough to always to be at Lanks in the 70, 80 90 s Etc . Played on the ground twice as a school kid , our Steve great Spinner for us …. Fuking embarrassment, more interested in Concerts and Hotels , feel like Lancashire Spirit has been completely ripped away from us … shame on you ..
Yes mate it’s a sad decline Lancs are in. I had trials for them in my youth and attended regular winter coaching sessions led by John Savage and Andy Hayhurst. There used to be such a buzz especially in the era (that I grew up in) of Akram, DeFreitas, Simmons, Fairbrother, Watkinson, Fowler, Allott, Mendis etc etc. They were a fucking fantastic side playing at a fantastic ground and my greatest memory is sitting there watching a one day game v Somerset and the battle between Akram and Jimmy Cook (Somerset legend from overseas) was pure cricket theatre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.