Cricket Thread

Might be a better ground, might not, certainly doesn't have the atmosphere that the big one day games used to have with a full house.

You can stick your T20 up your arse, not a patch on the buzz you got, from the limited over cup games.
I was talking about the better facilities :)

I don't mind T20 or one day cricket (at least it's players registered for the county).

This hundred shite, has ruined cricket for me. Lancs have become shite because of it imho.

I was talking about the better facilities :)

I don't mind T20 or one day cricket (at least it's players registered for the county).

This hundred shite, has ruined cricket for me. Lancs have become shite because of it imho.
The IPL, and all it's wannabes (including the hundred) have ruined County cricket full stop for me. The cricket calendar at County level has been completely destroyed because of it, and as you say, Lancs have come out of this fiasco worst than most Counties because of the non Lancs demands on the players.

You can't blame the players because it's really easy money for the good players but how anybody brought up watching proper cricket find's T20 entertaining is beyond me, the novelty of it wore off a long time ago for me.

Last edited:
The IPL, and all it's wannabes (including the hundred) have ruined County cricket full stop for me. The cricket calendar at County level has been completely destroyed because of it, and as you say, Lancs have come out of this fiasco worst than most Counties because of the non Lancs demands on the players.

You can't blame the players because it's really easy money for the good players but how anybody brought up watching proper cricket find's T20 entertaining is beyond me, the novelty of it wore off a long time ago for me.
Spot on.
I used to love watching Lancs in the B&H and the NatWest trophies.
Atherton, Fairbrother, Watkinson, Hegg, Akram (the best I've ever seen) Chapple etc...

They played. They played every game. ̶L̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ Yorkshire at home was always a fantastic fixture.

Now you've got the ECB arranging competitions where England players will be unavailable for finals day because it clashes with an England T20.
Result; generally the players don't care about their counties.

Who remembers when the roses battle being shown live on Granada? Or am I showing my age :). Ahhh the B&H & NatWest Cups bloody brilliant and Lancs were always there or thereabouts in them.
Yeah I remember the Roses games being on Granada.

I also remember Elton Welsby presenting Crown green bowling during the summer holidays!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.