Cricket Thread

It's the last record that really stops me in my tracks. Although the others aren't bad — especially the first one.

Still leaves me wondering, though — will Brook ever get near that score again? He could have got to Hutton's record and past it, I think, but I suppose he was under instruction to push the score along. Or just decided to.
Funnily enough, got me thinking of Shackleton (who is my absolute hero among polar explorers, north or south), and his decision to turn back from the south pole at a mere 97 nautical miles away, because he'd made the calculation that he and his men would not survive. Bit of a comical association maybe (it's not a comparison!), but Brook decided to do it for the team, rather than himself.
Apparently, the Root/Brook partnership (454 runs) is the highest made by a pair (for any country) playing in a test away from their home country. And the English record they broke (411 runs, made by Colin Cowdrey and Peter May) stood for 57 years. That partnership was compiled over 1,140 deliveries; Root and Brook compiled theirs in less than half that time (522 deliveries). That's over 5 rpo, maintained for nearly 90 overs.

We might be heading towards the first ever 300 scored in an innings.

Projected score is 298 currently.
It was done last year when Nepal scored 314/4 vs Mongolia. They then bowled Mongolia out for 41 winning by 271 runs.

The highest score by an ICC top 10 team is 278 by Afghanistan vs Ireland

We might be heading towards the first ever 300 scored in an innings.

Projected score is 298 currently.
Just put it on. If this is the future of cricket, then I might stop watching it.

There’s no jeopardy. The bowlers are powerless to do anything and it’s simply a home run derby.

It was done last year when Nepal scored 314/4 vs Mongolia. They then bowled Mongolia out for 41 winning by 271 runs.

The highest score by an ICC top 10 team is 278 by Afghanistan vs Ireland

Yeah sorry I meant out of the top teams.

297 in the end... I assume it was on one of those awful wickets that made the IPL such a farce this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.