Cricket Thread

Well a 5th day morning win on a pitch what to be fair isn't fit for test match cricket! Wonder if Pakistan now want a pitch that actually does something now that they are behind?! Doubt it though probably another flat pitch!

Brook MOTM because he is only the 6th person England Batmans ever to get over 300! When you look how many have 200+ never go on, it is a remarkable!
From memory......Sandham, Hammond, Huttom, Edrich (John), Gooch and now Brook.

For next years Ashes down under, who would be our spin option?

They’d obviously want Archer, Wood and Atkinson as the quicks.

Leach, Ahmed, Bashir?
Rehan Ahmed’s younger brother, Farhan, is one to keep an eye on.

I’m not convinced by Bashir.

Rehan Ahmed’s younger brother, Farhan, is one to keep an eye on.

I’m not convinced by Bashir.
The thing to remember about Bashir, is that he's only played 21 1st class games, 10 of which have been test matches. He's definitely one for the further.

I'd give leach his place back as our frontline spinner for now, and see where Bashir is in a few years

It's the last record that really stops me in my tracks. Although the others aren't bad — especially the first one.

Still leaves me wondering, though — will Brook ever get near that score again? He could have got to Hutton's record and past it, I think, but I suppose he was under instruction to push the score along. Or just decided to.
Funnily enough, got me thinking of Shackleton (who is my absolute hero among polar explorers, north or south), and his decision to turn back from the south pole at a mere 97 nautical miles away, because he'd made the calculation that he and his men would not survive. Bit of a comical association maybe (it's not a comparison!), but Brook decided to do it for the team, rather than himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.