Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way for United to hijack the deal IMO is to offer way too much salary than us as they did with Sanchez because I don't think we're not going into bidding war
As I see it, We accepted to negotiate only when the Mendez expressed Ronaldo's desire to join & lowering his wages other than that we will pull the plug

Ronaldo wont got there for 10m a week he wants to win trophies now scum win fuck all

After all the talk about Messi's commercial worth effectively paying for PSG's outlay i cant see the UAE letting the Qataries get another one over on them, especially with the focus of the world cup coming up...

I think Ronaldo to City is going to happen wether Pep wants him here or not.
There is less than zero chance of City signing Ronnie/CR7/GOAT without Pep’s express consent.

Just compare his mindset to Messi.

Messi in the farmers league and 2 year younger than Ronnie.

The mindset, and courage of Ronaldo is what sets him apart from the rest, it's what has made him one of the greats over the last 15 years.

Still don't like him, but my admiration for always looking to better himself despite 15 years of brilliance is simply incredible and deserving of utter and total respect from everyone.

Have to say, I agree with this.

I wouldn't have up to a week ago, although he has tested himself in Portugal, England, Spain and Italy, the last one I thought was less of a big test, particularly joining the dominant team there. I could also understand Messi's reasoning at this stage of his career, to want to move to France for an easier and confortable footballing life while still challenging for CL and prepping for the WC.

But this (if it comes off) changes my perspective on both those. He would be coming to not only a hard league, but a hard team to play in as an individual for a manager that isn't a fan if ego and wants workhorses. Which he isn't stipid to not know, so he must be prepared to give on both. And reportedly reducing his wages to do so, unlike Messi who hot a better deal than he had at Barcelona. Which I don't and never did have anything against, but worth the comparison.

As you say, very much puts Messi's choice into perspective. All which will make the clash (IF this gets done) when they play even more interesting, worldwide.

Its simple really. He is a global brand all on his own. The Etihad and Puma deals was touted at the time to be fluid. As in we get a increase for targets like the CL final. Do you honestly think Ronaldo will not give us any increase in revenue.Juve may not sell a fuck ton of extra shirts.but i guarantee city will. This deal will be the biggest in our history. It puts us on another level. What ever he gets paid. We will make it back. If you dont think thats true. Look at the figures PSG pulled out days after Messi signed. We go into another level if City pull this off.
Thought that was George Weah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.