Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question I'm not seeing asked or answered is why would United want him?

They've got Mata, Lingard, James, Cavani, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood & Sancho already fighting for 3 spots. What exactly does Ronaldo add to them on the pitch? It's not a stop gap goalscorer that they need, they literally signed Cavani for that reason.

I find it hard to believe they'd sign a 36y/o on mega wages to purely stop him going to a rival - and if they do, so be it, likely doesn't change much for them on the pitch and hampers them going forward.
Because they are bitter cnuts

i wonder what City owners think about this. had the chance to sign Messi, goes to their rivals from Qatar. had a chance to sign Ronaldo, goes to their club's biggest rivals. surely they've got to be proud enough to not let both of these things happen? they're only people after all.

Unless there’s a buy out clause we are so poor when it comes to being ruthless in the market.
Hmm, dunno. We could definitely have stumped up 20m, and immediately have it matched by Utd and others. We'd be in exactly the same place.

Something doesn't sit well with me. If Ronaldo is prepared to reduce his wage demands why has he not been offered to other teams. Utd would be the obvious team to finish his career with or a return to Madrid.
This yesterday

They've got Mata, Lingard, James, Cavani, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood & Sancho already fighting for 3 spots. What exactly does Ronaldo add to them on the pitch? It's not a stop gap goalscorer that they need, they literally signed Cavani for that reason.

I find it hard to believe they'd sign a 36y/o on mega wages to purely stop him going to a rival - and if they do, so be it, likely doesn't change much for them on the pitch and hampers them going forward.

It’s a PR move from the glazers. It’s an easy win for them. And he makes them title challengers whether we want to admit it or not. He is going there.

That's exactly what they would do. Petty bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.