Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, is there another spin on this that Pep didn't want Ronaldo and execs have gone in for him over his head? ie the comments about Ronaldo playing wherever he wants to play. Just another angle perhaps.

For the record, I'm not reading anything into either Ole's or Peps presser. Just enjoying the absolute meltdown on here.

If City are relaxed about bringing him in and United are only doing it to effectively stop us then that shows the difference between us and them.

Going to be some back tracking from that lot though. Not to mention pigs head orders being cancelled and shirts wishing they hadn't been burnt.

I'm afraid it won't be painted like that by the media, we would be seen as losing the bid to the scum. Fingers crossed we still got this and that was mind games by Ole.

Would be pretty embarrassing to lose a one horse race tbf.
No. They will probably offer him more wages. We are not willing to do that for 36 year old. If he wants to join for sporting reason he is welcome. If it's MONEY he will sign for united

Pep came across as managing expectation, whilst also distancing the club from any breakdown of a deal.

Shifting the onus on to the player deciding, gave us all we needed to know.

"It won't be our fault" - it smacks of damage limitation and at least knowing United have made a counter offer of some description.

It's more likely he doesn't expect it to go our way.

It was surely always going to go this way... I'm surprised we even bothered speaking to Mendes if United hadn't had their say already. It's a pretty obvious move for Ronaldo and the fallout from coming to City was always going to provoke the rag board into action because that's what they're like. Either City were fooled or they have just played a game to get the rags to pay over the odds for him. I doubt it's the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.